This Disappears When Logged In

Custom Uro Enclosure III

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Vers, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Vers

Vers Elite Member

So I finally got around to building and installing the second six footer, which was quite the project (re installation). I ended up having to remove the first enclosure from it's base/stand, which required removing all of it's interior contents. After the enclosure was removed from the stand I had to cut the legs down to 18" from 24" in order to make enough headroom. Once that part was done I had to get the new six footer on to the stand, wire it up, mount the tiles, install the background then, the most difficult part, place the old one on top. Surprisingly it went off without a hitch...apart from me forgetting to run ground wires for the lighting. Now I just need to wait for the silicone to cure and then I'll be able to start the interior design process. Anyway, enough chatter...here are a few snaps.

7362933556_d9dcfb2e61_c.jpg
    7177710669_654793841a_c.jpg
    7362931772_932c07c8c1_c.jpg

The bottom enclosure still has work to be done, but it's getting there. I'll post more images once it's all set up.

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I like it!
    I have seen zoo exhibits that didn't look that good!

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Stunning, you do great work!

4. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Thanks, fellas--it's something I truly enjoy doing.

5. justor

justor Elite Member

Very well done! You certainly have some skills!

6. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

You definitely show a lot of artistic vision & talent with your enclosures! :)

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

They look incredible! You are so talented, I'm sure they will enjoy them.

8. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Appreciated! I think I'll be moving my philbyi into the new enclosure and one of the ornates into the four footer, which doesn't seem fair but hey, that's life.

9. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd just add to this. I recently built another 4' enclosure to complete the stack, though it's not entirely finished yet. Here are a few snaps...
    The 4' stack
    7490232856_bb31af9a19_c.jpg
    The new enclosure
    7490261782_9930fa5859_c.jpg
    A nifty stealth vent (located in the upper left corner)
    7490217336_42d18aa173_c.jpg
    The whole shebang
    7490224710_cc3a282b22_c.jpg

I still have some lighting (CFL, 50w Halogen) and general components (rocks, branches etc etc) to add to the new enclosure, but it should be ready soon enough.

Attached Files:

10. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice!

11. justor

justor Elite Member

Another job well done!

12. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Looks amazing man. You manipulate that styrofoam very very well. Are you using glass or acrylic?

13. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Appreciated! If you only knew what I went through installing this one--'rough' would be an understatement. As for the door material, I'm currently using acrylic.

14. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice job Matt. Looks real good. Love that stealth vent. You come up with some good ideas.

15. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Thanks, Mike. Too bad I totally forgot to install the mesh behind the vent--I'm pretty sure my little geryi could squeeze up in there and then down the duct (there is dryer duct with a built in fan attached to the vent, which pulls hot air out and up through a chimney). Since the BG is pretty much a drop-in only install I'd have to remove the top enclosure and then the BG itself in order to access the rear to install the mesh--this ain't happening. Not sure what I'm going to do about it yet...

16. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Changed up a few setups recently--here is a shot of my male ornate's new setup. I'll post more images as I get around to them :)
    8153887867_cdf23f2623_c.jpg

Attached Files:

17. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice. has that museum/zoo quality look to it.
    I had some of those slender grass plants in my monitor enclosure.
    Now they look like bushes. I might be changing them out.

18. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Thanks, Mike. I hear you in regards to the destruction of the grasses...I had a couple in my female ornate's enclosure but she decided to treat them like ladders. Clearly I need something a lot more rigid or flexible for her as she's a total nut.

19. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My thoughts as well Mike.
    Well done Matt!

20. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Thanks Merlin! I actually plan on redoing the backdrop to make it more realistic but have yet to find a good technique to use. It will get there eventually :)