This Disappears When Logged In

Custom Cut Plexiglass

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Knox, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Anyone know of a good online, relatively inexpensive place to get custom cut plexi?

I am needing 3 sheets of four feet by fourteen and a half inches.

Thanks.

2. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Re: Custom cut Plexiglass?

Check a local glass cutting shop. I had 4 pieces cut. small though for like 10 bucks total. The local shop is about 5 mins from me too. Ill get you a link for a plastic place online. I have to go through my links o plenty,

3. Knox

Knox Elite Member

I can't find a place in town that sells plexiglass. I will scour the yellow pages again, though. Maybe I missed a place.

Thanks...

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Most hardware stores or building supplys will have it. Also some window companies.
    I got mine from either Lowes or Home Depot.

5. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Those stores will charge alot more markup on it. I was gonna go that way and then noticed the markup.

Plastic Sheets & Rolls: TAP Plastics

You can get a 2foot x 4foot piece for 13 bucks

I was looking onine and found a few places in knoxville, but best for you to call aroud and ask lol.

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I know you're trying to keep your costs down Knox. I think you'll be shocked at the cost of Plexi. I've never been able to find it very cheap.

7. Knox

Knox Elite Member

You aren't kidding! I am afraid the cost of the Plexi will equal the cost of everything else I have put into it. However, I sold my Animal Plastics tub rack this week and have some extra cash. I love CraigsList!

8. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Really? I've found plexiglass fairly cheap out at a hardware stores here. And they cut it to size for free. I just have to buy the whole sheet. I'll have to check, because it was a couple years ago last time I bought some, and I don't remember exactly what I paid, but I don't remember it being very expensive at the time.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

9. kriminaal

A whole sheet? That would cost me $200 or more.

10. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I can't imagine I paid that much for mine. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I want to say something like $11 for one of their standard sheets.

Are there different types of plexiglass? Because I'm fairly certain that's what I got, but if they had a cheap kind, that might explain it. I'll have to go home and check, though. I'm pretty sure I still have the receipt somewhere.

11. kriminaal

Wow that's cheap. I'm not sure what that would be but I can't imagine it would be plexiglass. If it is you should sell pieces of it on ebay.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

There are different grades of acrylic. The cost will also vary depending on what thickness you get.

13. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

It was probably a pretty low grade and it was pretty thin. Maybe that explains the price difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.