This Disappears When Logged In

Current Snakey Setups

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by EriksExotics, Apr 2, 2014.

1. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

To be honest with you guys, it's a little tacky as of right now.. Lots of snakes in temporary plastic totes since I'm trying to get doors on some Boaphile cages I have in my garage. That and my family thinks of snake cages as tables/a convenient place to put clutter lol
    It's all coming together, though. Slowly but surely :)

13574440833_789e7e40c9.jpg

13574746974_9d3f97c7c7.jpg

13574366655_e82f96d1c1.jpg

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Boaphile cages don't come with doors?

Hey at least you family doesn't mind having snakes around.

3. EriksExotics

They are second hand and for some odd reason none of them had doors lol But they were free so I'm not complaining. I'm glad they are cool with the snakes. I think they think I'm going to become some big hot shot millionaire snake breeder or something lol

4. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

haha, erik, youll give a friend a free bumble bee morph for free right? hint hint....

5. EriksExotics

you know.. If I ever run into a cheap bumblebee I'll snag it for ya lol

6. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

ok good deal haha

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

you know what they say about breeding Eric, if you want to make a small fortune the start with a large fortune lol! Looks okay though it takes time to get everything going. When I first got back into snake I kept mine in the walk in closet.... half of it is all I was allowed to have lol!!! Takes time man. Also most breeders do in fact use only tubs.

8. EriksExotics

Tubs work great and I started out with almost all of them in tubs. They're just a little more tacky in my opinion. I will have all of them in display enclosures in the near future. Cutting, sanding and drilling plexiglass have proven pretty difficult. Things were kind of rocky for a little bit when I first started. I jumped into it without much knowledge or money to properly house my snakes and I took in a few rescues but I committed to doing it right and I'm still working on a few things but I'm trying to make sure I'm doing my absolute best at all times. I've gotten into a better job so I haven't been having any issues with the financial aspect. At this point I'm just getting everything into place.

As for making fortune, I don't think I'll make any large fortunes from breeding but I do love it and plan to stick with it :)

9. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

I think my favorite part of this hobby is that it is always a work in progress. I dont think anyone ever truely "arrives" or "figures it out"

10. EriksExotics

Yup! There's always something that needs done whether it's cleaning, upgrading. There's always something to keep you busy. I origonally thought keeping snakes (when I had maybe three or four snake) was going to be so easy and it was way easier than caring for two dogs even and I was going to have like 30 breeders and it'd be easy as that!..... LOL
    I honestly started with a crazy vision that it was some get rich quick plan and it was going to be cheap to make a lot of money but I've shifted my focus to making sure I'm putting the animals first and learned to love breeding as a passion and not think of it as a business or a way of making money.

My collection is still pretty small and I am paying $150 to $200 on food every month. I plan to stay small until I can create a business of higher demand and start making more money. I love construction and it pays well but I still don't make enough to breed on the scale I'd like to. As of now, I'm content with my collection and the breeding projects I have lined up. Once I can afford to get some help and an actual facility, I plan to do so but that'll take awhile!

11. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

if I ever had the space id love to breed green iguana, or any species of iguana, as there are not very many breeders in the us of them and it will save most hobbyist a lot of trouble they get from wild caught or imported ones

12. EriksExotics

I hear you, man. I wish I had the space to start more breeding projects but as of right now I have baby boas on the way + I am in the process of buying a few more adult females to breed the next couple of years. I also plan to start keeping ETBs and GTPs this year and breeding next year so I am all out of space for now lol Just boas and arboreals in the next few years.

13. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Erik im going to PM you a lead on a killer prospect import female but I cant do it from my phone. If I haven't done it by tomorrow please remind me

14. EriksExotics

Thanks, CryHavoc!

15. NoahGotHerpsDewd

NoahGotHerpsDewd Well-Known Member

love the racks man! nice setup!

16. EriksExotics

Thanks, Noah. That racks going to look even better when it's filled with babies ;)

17. NoahGotHerpsDewd

NoahGotHerpsDewd Well-Known Member

Absolutely they will!! I'm excited to see pics man.