This Disappears When Logged In

Cuban Tree Frog

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by briana1399, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

My friend got two Cuban frogs. One died (they won't eat). How can we get the other to eat? She has a under tank heater...the right light. Warm in the tank...around 80...the worms go missing out of the bowl ( I know they can't climb out or haven't) we have tried crickets wax worms meal worms he is tiny so no super worm. Any suggestion?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Where did they come from? Are they wild caught? How big is the tank? Is there any cover in there like plants or vines? What is the substrate? Humidity?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah! You know the drill by now! LOL!

4. briana1399

briana1399 Elite Member

She got them at a reptile show so I have no idea I am guessing they were bred. Tank is a ten gallon and the frog is tiny so has plenty of room. She has them on the green the cage liner ( I know NOTHING about these frogs) I gave her some moss (not dusty) to put in with him. She has some branches in there no vines or anything. I have tried reading a little on them but I can't tell what to believe. Humidity= I have no idea. I doubt she has a temp reader in there. It would be wonderful if some one had a are sheet I could print out so I can give it to her. She would follow it if she had it (this is her first pet other than a dog.....and a crab and fish but they both died.)

Yeah yeah Merlin....I was trying to post this fast before class ended!! :)

5. venus

venus Founding Member

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Ditch the moss.
    The frog is most likely wild caught from Florida.
    Replace the green carpet with paper towel. It will hold humidity better.

That frog NEEDS some cover. Have her go to walmart and pick up a temp/humidity gauge and a $5 fake plant. Make sure the frog has a water dish too. DECHLORINATED water.

Amphibiancare.com >> Cuban Tree Frog (Osteopilus septentrionalis) Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.