This Disappears When Logged In

Ctenosaura Pectinata, Mexican Spinytail Iguana (banana Morph)

Discussion in 'Ctenosaura - Spiny Tail Iguana' started by seank, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seank

seank New Member

hi guys, i just bought a mexican spinytail iguana (banana morph) a week ago. i was told he is 1 1/2 years old and he is about 20inches when i measured him.
    this is one of the repuitable shops in hong kong and still it does not come with papers and such.
    i have had him for a week and i just want to make sure he is a banana morph as i read they are alot tamer then the other ones. how big do these iguana's grow?
    at the moment my cage size is 3ft length, 2 feet width and 4 feet height. what should their adult cage size be? is it neccssry to have it tall as they r ground iguanas.
    is there a particular care sheet online for these breeds? i cant find any and am following the iguana diet.

he has been in my home for a 7days and he does not eat when i place his food. he eats it of my hand and just chooses to eat little. he likes arugala and okra.
    what am i doing wrong? i keep him in my dressing room so it is very quiet.
    i use one 150w power sun for 12 hrs aday and it is placed on the top.
    please advise. and tell me what i am doing right and wrong.
    thank you. 3.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.JPG

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Kelly Paul breeds those here in the US. They are super cool. As babies they eat mostly insects then switch to more vegetation as they grow. He houses his in groups outside in Arizona. You may wanna try some insect feeders just to see if he is interested. Wish I had more info. You might be able to find kelly Paul's contact info online. I used to have his email but not sure where it is now.

3. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

If you have only had him for 7 days he might still be adjusting. Give him somemore time

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

This thread is from last year! Please look at the dates when reponding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.