This Disappears When Logged In

Cricket & Frog Product Questions

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by NetworkLabs, Nov 2, 2011.

1. NetworkLabs

NetworkLabs Banned User

Hi, I have several questions about cricket and frog products.

Crickets:
    Is the company, Flucker's, a good brand?
    If not, what is?
    If so, is there Fortified Calcium Cricket Quencher any good?

What brand should I use to dust vitamins on my crickets?

Frogs:

Do young Leopard frogs need lighting?

What do I all need, is what I should ask, to care for a young female Leopard frog that hasn't eaten in about a week and a half?

Thanks for reading!

2. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I know diddly about frogs, but it would be helpful if you gave a rundown of how you are keeping your frog, including temps, humidity levels, enclosure size, etc. Also, how are you monitoring your temps? With an analog or digital thermometer?

3. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I like Fluker's products and have used their calcium enriched wheat based gut loads in the past with success. Personally I currently gut load my crickets with assorted vegetables and proteins and use clear water crystals for hydration (I don't feed any of my animals, herps or otherwise, anything with coloring).

For powdering you should look into Rep Cal's Herptivite (beta carotene instead of vitamin A) and Repashy. I've used both and am happy with both. :)

I second that request for husbandry details. :) this is going to help a lot when conjecturing why your frog isn't eating.

4. NetworkLabs

NetworkLabs Banned User

Well, she just started eating last night. I will gather the details of her containment in a few.