This Disappears When Logged In

Crichton's first birthday

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Yesterday Crichton turned one year old. :D I baked a yellow cake with chocolate fudge frosting and found some marzipan to decorate the top for my husband "ChondroDoc".
    Here are some pics: first the "birthday boy" (actually "he's" not yet sexed):
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    and the cake:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Andrea, that is priceless. Happy birthday Crichton!!!

3. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

sure is stunning, wish i had one...

4. greydragon

greydragon Active Member

wow his cake was bigger then the cake i got on my last birthday

5. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Happy birthday Crichton! He's beautiful! What a great looking cake- you're very creative.

6. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Cool Cake, I thought it was a real snake at first, then Lyn told me that it was just frosting. Hope it was good eating!!!

Steve

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

awwww!! happy birthday Crichton even though slightly belated!! that cake is soo cute. :D

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Ah! I'm blind! Turn off that neon sign please! Oh wait, its just a snake :rolleyes: lol, he's so bright! They do look cool as adults, but I wish you could get them to retain the juvie coloration too sometimes. The cake is great too :p You certainly are creative!

9. topacelot

topacelot Elite Member

lol...congrats...very nice and pretty funny

10. BlackJack

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. The cake was yummy. "ChondroDoc" ate the marzipan GTP yesterday and enjoyed it. (I don't like marzipan -- but it was the perfect color to make a GTP)

Crichton is a beauty. He hasn't started changing color yet. All animals are individual and have different rates of color change. Some can take 15 months to change completely. Others will change completely within a week. So it's quite exciting. We have our camera ready at all times!

Also Matt: there are so many different color-morphs of GTPs: from deep blue to pure yellow... and all kinds of combinations in between. Since chondropython "localities" are not actually different subspecies, they can be (and are) cross-bred to make some amazing color combinations. I might get on a waiting list for a "blue-line" baby.

As I haven't seen Crichton's parents, I'm hoping that he'll keep a high yellow. But only time will tell!
    Thanks again.

11. RKO

RKO Active Member

has beautiful eyes, willing to sell?

12. BlackJack

Sell Crichton?! No, but thanks for the compliment. :D
    (Aside from the fact that I live in Switzerland and it would be expensive and difficult to ship him, he's my husband's snake and "ChondroDoc" is not about to sell off one of his babies!)
    However, if you want a GTP, I really recommend checking out some of the specialized forums like MVforum: http://p219.ezboard.com/fmoreliaviridisfrm1 and get on a waiting list of one of those breeders. They're pricey, but you'll be sure to get a good quality, captive bred animal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.