This Disappears When Logged In

Creepy crawlers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infernalis, Jan 29, 2012.

1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Really nice shots.
    I have a Canon EOS. From what I could find on info. My charger won't charge the aftermarket batteries. So I would have to buy a new charger with it.
    But they have pretty good prices. If you've had success with them, I think I might get some.

2. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Appreciated :)

Can you be more specific as to which EOS body you have? FWIW I've been using OEM chargers for years with third party batteries (BP511) sold by Diamondback--they are even outlasting my OEM batts. Go figure.

3. kriminaal

Older Canon Rebel 6.3 MP

4. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Yea, the 300D utilizes BP511's. You should be fine with the charger you currently have.

5. kriminaal

Thanks, I'll get some soon.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

those are some amazing shots - It makes me itch to get my hands on a decent manual focus digital camera with a good macro lens. (any suggestions?) I love jumping spiders. Anyone read about Bagheera kiplingii the mostly vegetarian spider?

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I thought at first that you were pulling a fast one!
    Since Bagheera is the name of the panther in Kipling's The Jungle Book!

8. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Thank you, Jen--if you enjoy it enough you should really look into investing in a nice macro lens and DSLR, they are a blast. Personally I shoot Canon and my primary macro rig consists of a 1DIII+Sigma 150mm macro and usually a combination of extension tubes and a 1.4x teleconverter. It can be seen here. This can get me up to magnifications right around 2.3x life size or 2.3:1. That said there are a lot of quality macro lenses out there to choose from...it's tough to go wrong. Some notable Canon and third part macros are the Canon 100, 100L and EF-S 60 and MP-E 65 (which can deliver 1-5x magnification), Tamron's 60, 90 and 180 and Sigma's 105, 150 and 180.

9. crocdoc

crocdoc Elite Member

94198448.jpg
    93942884.jpg

Attached Files:

10. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Speaking of creepy crawlies... I just inhaled a mouthful of Peruvian pink rump hairs.

11. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Ouch! You'll have to start wearing a face shield:p

12. BarelyBreathing

I was trying to get pictures.

13. kriminaal

lol, you need a zoom lense

14. BarelyBreathing

I have one, but I was being lazy.

15. Vers

Vers Elite Member

And we all know what laziness gets us...a mouth full of hairs :D

16. kriminaal

And much more braver than I.
    [​IMG]

17. BarelyBreathing

I got a bunch of widow pictures. :) Took a few of the new little similis, too. You guys are just going to have to wait until I get my computer back, though.

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Apparently, the first people to describe it were fans of Kipling.

I had (still have) a Canon AE-1 Program, but no good macro lenses, and once digital hit, I got tired of film... I still have it, just don't use it, but I am a fan of Canon. There is a good camera shop in the next town over. I'm there frequently enough. I have a birthday coming up - I know just what to ask for, lol. If not the camera, gift certificates to that place. I'm sure he can order anything he does not have in stock! And I get the added bonus of supporting a small local business.

I spend a TON of time outdoors when the weather is fine for it (today is gorgeous) and will shoot anything that holds still long enough. My little point-and-click Nikon goes with me every hike.

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Crocdoc, which species of orb weaver is that? they look a bit like the Nephila clavipes we have here in the states. I am assuming that is a local Australian spider?

Anyone see the pictures a few years back of a spider in Australia eating a bird?