This Disappears When Logged In

Craigslist Find ~Pics

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by missabrat, Mar 28, 2011.

1. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

congrats. hope the mostly good luck with them continues, even though some babies would be cute...

2. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

The ATB will be staying with me!! I have named her Atilla, she has some issues but for an ATB she is quite docile at the moment. She has the beginning stages of scale rot in a few places on her belly(from living in unsanitary conditions) as well as numerous bite wounds along her back :(
    She is being soaked every 4 days in an antibiotic solution of Duramycin-10 and is enjoying her new home with that is kept clean and has tons of branches and hides

All of the BP's are in shed right now so no-one is eating, hopefully they will after shed so they can be moved on to new homes. The female will be staying with me until she lays eggs(if gravid) if not she will move on after a couple of months have passed.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      18.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Congrats, it's a very striking snake. LOL No pun intended!

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm glad that you are keeping Atilla! Hope she gets better soon!

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I really like the name Atilla. :) I am so glad you are giving her such a wonderful home.

6. skyemarie

skyemarie Active Member

Pretty snake! I like ATB's but.. now I'm kind of scared of them after the last one I had gotten off craigslist. I swear she would of killed me if she got the chance. She tried to strike at my face but missed and then got me on the arm two other times. I gave her to one of my friends who is more advanced with handling really aggressive snakes. She is a gray garden phase that someone didn't want anymore. She's doing great but still just as ill tempered. I had a pet store try to tell me, they were very docile snakes when I was eying a emerald tree boa. Right..

My Brazilian has only bit me once, I'm pretty sure she was just ticked because we moved from an apartment to a house and I was trying to clean out the cage right after we moved and maybe she had not adjusted just yet. I blame myself. She hasn't ever done it again.

7. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Atilla is doing AWESOME! she is gaining weight and begining to show her true ATB colors, becoming quite the naughty girl,striking at me every chance she can get! I just got her a new enclosure that I think she will be quite happy in!

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      36.6 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
  8. Midori

Midori Elite Member

Wow~ I' glad someone who cares like you responded to that ad~

9. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Thats great you are taking care of them!
    Its crazy how many reptiles are on craigslist! So many people, mainly admitting that they didnt know what they were getting into and selling everything really cheap! If i had my way, my house would be very full of reptiles right now!

10. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

She is so beautiful! Very excited she's doing so well.

11. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She is so beautiful, I'm so glad that she is doing so well:)

12. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

WOW, that is really some improvement!!!!. no doubt Attila is LOVING her new home....GREAT Job with rehabilitating her....(BTW, did the female you were keeping for a bit ever lay any eggs??)

13. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thank you, she is doing awesome, eating med rats and NEVER turns down a meal!

The female that I held on to never did lay any eggs,so the pairing obviously did not take, thank goodness as I do not want to breed any of the animals! That female and one of the others have moved on to new homes with clean bills of health from the vet!

14. Naga23

Naga23 Active Member

Amazing find! Glad they went to a good home.