This Disappears When Logged In

Craigslist Find ~Pics

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by missabrat, Mar 28, 2011.

1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Ok I usually haunt Craigslist a couple of times a week, last night I had a bad case of insomnia, thanks to the cat terrorizing the house :mad:
    So I was on-line playing around and hopped on to Craigslist,
    I found a group of 4 ball pythons and an Amazon Tree Boa listed for $50 !!!
    So I e-mailed the lady, she said that her tenants vacated the apartment and left them behind :mad: So I took in everyone plus 2 enclosures for $50!!!!!!

All the BP's seems healthy but a bit dry, they were in a 30 gal tank, with aspen, no heat, no lights,no furniture or hides, no water dish!

The ATB is about 3 1/2 ft and is shedding as I type, he/she is very curious but not aggressive YET.. the ATB was found in a 1 gal critter carrier with a layer of aspen, nothing to make it feel secure :(

Everyone has had a good long soak and a rub down with prevent a mite, and cages were hosed down outside with bleach and then dried and sprayed with prevent a mite before bringing them inside. BP's are now in 2 separate tanks with belly heat and appropriate hides etc.

ATB is in a 12x 12 exoterra with tons of branches and fake leaves as well as a nice warm light to warm him up.

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      16.6 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      16.6 KB
      Views:
    • 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
    • 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

aww! there so good to have a bettr home now~

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

The BP's will only be staying with me long enough to make sure they are healthy, eating and shedding, then they will be put up for adoption with friends who are looking and I know will provide for them. The ATB just might NEED to stay with me hehehe I think I heard him begging to stay with me :)

Attached Files:

• 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      22.8 KB
      Views:
    • 046.jpg
      046.jpg
      File size:
      17.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

They are really pretty! I have the money for a new reptile, but my mother happens to hate them :/ But the Boa is so cute!

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

If you do not keep the Amazon, I will be very disappointed. He/she is gorgeous!

Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of funny the third one looks like he/she has a 3 on him/her? However... They are all beautiful! Thanks for rescuing them!

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

hahaha your right I didn't even notice the 3 on #3 LOL

Ok now I just need a name for the ATB LOL:D

7. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

Naming is the hardest thing for me!

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad you found them, I know you will give them exactly what they will need.
    As for the ATB, You definitely should keep that one, looks like he is in need of more TLC and you're the best one for that.

We'll have to think of a good name!

9. gapeachkatie

What about Ares (for the courage shown in the situation) or maybe Amber (due to those beautiful eyes even in shed)?

10. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Uh oh! are you going for the record for having the longest sig on the forum. :)

Who better to rescue them? And as you're rehoming some to friends, you'll be there as support for them, that's great.

Picture #2 made me choke on my coffee because, er well, look at the way the snake is coiled. That's my poo fix for the day. LOL

11. gapeachkatie

Only you would point something like that out... haha

12. mld

Esperanza Means hope in spanish!

13. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

I'm a sucker for greek names :p do you happen to know its gender?

14. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

gender is unknown at this point, however I have been calling it a she.

She has finished shedding and her patterns really fade from top to her sides, she also has what looks like a few bite marks that are healing :(

I put betadine on them, as that is easier than neosporin haha you should have seen me, dipped a q-tip in the betadine and held onto it with the feeding tongs and dabbed it on, all the while she was trying climb up the tongs investigating me LOLShe did take a couple of nice swipes at me, not looking forward to my first bite, but I have the camera handy LOL

Attached Files:

• 057.jpg
      057.jpg
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
    • 060.jpg
      060.jpg
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  15. mld

Andrea can give you some pointers on the pinky slap! LOL

I would say longer feeding tongs and gloves or extra long Q-Tips :eek:
    Very excited for you!
    Hope she heals well, thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery.

16. gapeachkatie

Go get some of the throat swabs from a pharmacy. That will give you an extra 5 inches of reach... :p

17. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

LOL @ pinky slap! tomorrow is feeding day for my babies, so I will see if any of the newbies feel up to eating as well, ATB is a bit big for pinkies, a nice mouse should do for him! Just hope he doesn't "slap" me back with those teeth! LOL

18. StrangeEvil

StrangeEvil Member

Great save and beautiful new reptiles, the Atb looks like s/he is having one heck of a shed. Hope they all get back to 110% health.

19. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

The ATB took down a f/t mouse with no problem!

The BP's all seemed interested in the f/t rats but none of them ate, which I totally expected. The male has been separated away from the female and I am having the rest sexed this weekend.

The 2 fecal samples that I took in came out clean YAY! Now if everyone would eat so I can find them new homes!

20. mld

Thats wonderful new!
    Those boas were all sexed out, no wonder they didn't feel like eating!
    Glad the fecals came back clean!

Good luck, hopefully they will eat soon!
    Good job, you're such a good mommy