This Disappears When Logged In

Corn Too Fat?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Dan01, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

I've had my corn snake for a while. I got him from a neighbor who felt that he wasn't handling his snake enough, or something like that, (or maybe he was just getting into geckos) so he gave his snake to me. He told me how to care for him, and I did things almost exactly as he had said. Not long ago I read online how to tell if a corn is overweight and I just think my may be. Any weight loss program ideas? I feel kind of bad for thoughtlessly following someone's advice (however good) without any research, or putting any thought to the feeding schedule.

Any thoughts or advice?

2. CrazySnakeLady

CrazySnakeLady Elite Member

Can you post a picture? Because if he isn't overweight, losing weight can be bad.

3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Size and age are relevant, young/growing snakes can be fed more often than adults. Young snakes can be fed every 4-6 days, feeding more often will make it grow faster. After they reach 36" once every 10-14 days is good for maintaining healthy weight.

4. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

He is an adult and over 3 feet long. He is in a place I can't get to him from and am waiting for him to come out so I can take some pictures of him.