This Disappears When Logged In

Corn Snake With Injured Scales - Help?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Blueh, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Blueh

Blueh Member

I've had my corn for around three-four years. He's currently in a 20 gallon tank with aspen substrate.
    I noticed something wrong when I got him out about a month ago. Some of his scales looked messed up and were hanging off on his side. It looks like four or fivve scales on the top of his body are dented, but it's no where near as bad as his side. At first, I thought this was just a really bad shed and soaked him for a while, but when it didn't get any better I decided that I'll post it here. I'm not sure if he somehow got injured or if this is scale rot or some other disease, but it's making me worry because I've had my boy for a long time and I don't like seeing him hurt.
    I have another female corn snake in a 10 gallon and so far, she looks perfectly healthy and doesn't have any of the things he has.

So far it's only in one spot ;;
    image_by_bllueh-d96cz1q.jpg
    image_by_bllueh-d96cz0w.jpg
    image_by_bllueh-d96cyzx.jpg
    image_by_bllueh-d96cyzf.jpg
    image_by_bllueh-d96cyyw.jpg
    I'm going to see if I can try and get him to the vet, but seeing as my dad isn't a fan of taking reptiles there, it might be hard to convince him. But I'm defintely going to try my hardest and hopefully get some help there?? It might take a while so that's why I posted here to get some opinions and make sure it's not life threatening or anything. Money is also a problem, but like I said, I'm going to try.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

From what I am seeing in the photo you are ok. The small damaged area is something that happens. It could be the result of handling during shed when the skin is new and forming or it could be a small scrape. Either way it's nothing to get upset over.