This Disappears When Logged In

Corn Snake Sneezing?

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by LightShow, Jul 16, 2010.

1. LightShow

LightShow New Member

I have a 2 year old corn snake that has sneezed off and on for as long as I can remember. He's never had any mucus or wheezing and has never rejected food. I guess I just don't know why he's sneezing and if I should worry about it? He eats about every 5 days and is nice and shiny and health looking. I use crushed walnut bedding because I tend to be allergic to most the other beddings. I give him clean water every few days and keep his temperature around 70-80 degrees. I guess I am just asking if I should worry about the sneezing or if it's not a big deal?

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Please describe the sneezing. It might be indicative of respiratory issues - or it might be a general wheeze that snakes sometimes do. Does it only occur when he exerts himself?

You may want to switch the walnut bedding out for something else. It's a bit of a risk if they accidentally eat any. You can use Indoor/outdoor carpet, or pre-cut cage liners that are almost identical, and they are machine washable, non-fraying. Pretty sure they would be hypo allergenic as well, and can be bleached for easy cleaning. I use them with many of my snakes, they are great.