This Disappears When Logged In

Corn/Rat: An Adoptable Snake in Walhalla, SC

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by LizardCrazyCelt, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizardCrazyCelt

LizardCrazyCelt Elite Member

I was just looking around on PetFinder and happened across this snake. I am guessing they don't know wether it is a corn or a rat, to me it looks like a Corn, but I was reading his description, and he is 2 1/2 foot long and being kept in a 10 Gal. It's a dog rescue, and I'm sure they are doing what they can for him, but that tank is too small for that size snake to be able to stretch out. I was just wanting to put a word out in case anyone near that area is looking to adopt a new snake. I would adopt him if I had my own place and if I was closer, but sadly that is not the case. He is beautiful and they say he eats good. The adoption fee for the snake himself is $65. Here is a link to his profile... Petfinder Adoptable Snake | Corn/Rat | Walhalla, SC | Cob

2. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

corn snakes and rat snakes belong to the same genus-Elaphe
    While corns are Elaphe guttata; Rat snakes are a sub species of Elaphe obsoleta The same care is needed for both types

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

He is a gorgeous snake! Hopefully he goes to a good home!

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Beautiful snake...just don't see myself paying $100.00 or even $65.00 for him. If they come down on the price about $30.00, I would take him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.