This Disappears When Logged In

Cooks Tree Boa?

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Daniel1502, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel1502

Daniel1502 New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a cooks tree boa or some type of emerald tree boa? I have recently read from a different forum that true cooks tree boas are very expensive and because the one in the picture is listed as cooks tree boa and is for sale at £90 I'm lead to think that it's not a cooks. But, then again I've never seen an emerald tree boa look like this. I don't know much about either snakes so I could be very wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    Daniel

[​IMG]

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Def not an emerald tree boa... my best bet would be an amazon tree boa (Corallus
    hortulanus). Cooks are very similar except found only on the island of St. Vincent. There used to be some taxonomic confusion with cookii and hortulanus, but i would really doubt it is a true cooks, they are not common in the trade. Hope that helps!

3. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Yup, I agree with Dev on this. It's most likely an Amazon Tree Boa.

4. Daniel1502

Daniel1502 New Member

Ok thanks for the help. Do you know if £90 is a good price for one of these boas?

5. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

Gorgeous snake, no matter what kind it is. Haha.

Just curious, what's the equation to transfer euros, or whatever they're called. The symbol before 90 up there^^. I'm not familiar with anything but US dollars... to US dollars?

6. graduationxday

graduationxday Elite Member

Wait. Not euros... Pounds?
    Gah I don't know. :/

7. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

virtually 1 pound is the equivalent of 2 US dollars! Lucky guys! Still not as bad as my currency :p $1 = 7-8 of mine! ouch!

Go check kingsnake and look at going rates for amazons on there, that is the best bet. You must remember though, prices differ greatly in different countries...this is due to export/import laws etc, and the amount of people breeding etc etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.