This Disappears When Logged In

Contemplating Getting Another Snake!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by annarawrr, Dec 7, 2011.

1. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Hahaha, considering how cheesy this was, I haven't laughed this hard all day.

2. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

Corn Snakes are good. That was the first snake I ever had. Corn Snakes can sometimes be a little nippy though... it takes time and patience to get them to stop.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I could have went even cheesier with " Whats is Kernel without Corn? Cracked"

4. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Oh man, that's great!

5. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

Oh, yeah that feeding issue also gets to me. My water snake is on a feeding strike at the moment, hasn't eaten in about a month and it's really scaring me!

6. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

It could be stress.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh dear! Its starting to get deep in here!

8. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

I didn't think so because I hadn't changed anything at all to do with his care! Well I put some fish in his tank before I left home for dinner and he kind of pecked at them but made no real effort to eat them, but I left them in there anyway and when I came back two out of three were gone, so I'm not sure what was going on there. At least he ate but now I don't understand that half-hearted pecking! He normally strikes right away. Hopefully it's nothing to be worried about.

9. Merlin

Did you ever address the temperature drop issue?

10. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

Yes I did! But that didn't work either. I'm wondering now if I haven't been letting the fish thaw out enough lately, because although he did eat, he didn't eat it right away. I'm not sure exactly how long the fish was in his tank before he ate though.

11. Merlin

Are you saying that you are putting the fish in the water still frozen? If so that might be part of the issue.

12. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

No, I always thaw them but I store all the fish and fish pieces in one container, so I guess the longer I keep them the more frozen they get and the more time they need to thaw. I'm not SURE that's the issue, but it's definitely something I will keep in mind during future feedings!

13. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

LOL! Y'all guys seem to know me well.

That one had me cracking up, lol!