This Disappears When Logged In

Completed Enclosure!

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by plisskin, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plisskin

plisskin Active Member

Pics of my enclosure as promised on my info!

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice job. Looks like you have a good waterproof coating on there. Should last a long time.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nicely done!
    And I agree, go digital. When I switched to digital I was amazed at how wrong those dial guages were!

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great job, looks awesome.

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Two thumbs up :D

7. plisskin

plisskin Active Member

Whats the best digital therm. & hydro.? He's pretty active so I was afraid of the probes!

8. Merlin

I get mine at lowes. The digital readout is outside and I and secure the cords for the probes running down into the corners with strips of Velcro.
    She hasn't dislodged them yet.

9. Merlin

It's the white cord running down the back. The cool end thermometer is in the front corner where you don't see it but you can see how I used the velcro.
    [​IMG]

10. plisskin

plisskin Active Member

Thanks for the pic Merlin! Ever used or heard of Flukers digatal therms.They run about $27.00. Are ones from Lowe's any cheaper? Will definately switch over to digital regardless after comments! (Also,how big is that enclosure and how big is the (what i believe is a Boa from the Pic)?Very Nice!

11. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Nice enclosure, its looking awesome!

12. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I picked up my indoor/outdoor digital thermometer from Lowes for about $15. It also has the humidity gauge, and a minimum/maximum readout as well. (so going to the local hardware store really should be cheaper...)

13. Merlin

Definately overpriced for what you get,...like a lot of pet store fare! Hardware store will be half that!
    The cage is 6ft x2ftx18 inches tall. Maggie is a common boa approx 6ft long. These pictures were taken immediately after it was finished. She now has a hide box and a large water tub
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I have had her since she was this big!
    [​IMG]

14. plisskin

plisskin Active Member

PRETTY BOA! When I'm more educated on boas and have more space I would love to own one. My BP keeps me busy enough now and I've heard that boas are for more advanced keepers.My girls (ages 5&7) love snakes and will inherit any I/we have, so I don't have to worry about them outliving me!(lol)They will be in good hands!

15. Merlin

Boas are great snakes. I have 2. On an experience level they are about equal with BPs with the exception of being 2-3 times the size!
    And they don't do that darned winter fast!

16. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

I have to admit I do not like snakes but after seeing her picture kind of makes me want to get one. LOL She's beautiful!

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Boas seem to be better eaters overall (at least mine do.) Even my picky boa is a better eater than my Ball Pythons.

18. 08_nismo

08_nismo Active Member

That's an awesome looking home you built for her/him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.