This Disappears When Logged In

Common Boa Constrictor, Amazon Tree Boa, Corn Snake Enclosure Help. Please

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Hkg, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Okay. So I own a corn snake now and will be taking in a amazon tree boa and a common boa this weekend. But I don't want a bunch of cages around the house so I want to build 3 cages but stacked up on each other. I want it to look like some nice furniture but be a healthy habitat for my snakes. Basically the main wall I can have my cages against is about 8ft tall and 4 ft long. And I think I can go about 3, 3 1/2 maybe 4 feet out from the wall with the cage. I'm thinking maybe the bottom cage be 4x?x2 for the common boa. The middle cage be 4x?x1 for the corn snake, and 4x?x3 for the atb. This is in the edge of the way kinda, where this room is the ceiling is slanted down so it's a triangle. So I can't go past 8 ft tall. My dimensions are set up for around seven. But the corner of the wall, isn't a 90 degree angle. It's more of a 40 maybe ( I'm not good with angles) I don't want to but if I had to I could go around that corner for a few feet for the bottom cage. What do you think? Are they too small of cages? The common boa constrictor is a baby so it won't be put in that big cage for a while. THe corn snake is big and will fit. As the atb is big as well and will fit. Give me your opinions and or plans. I'm open to anything. Also what kinda wood do you recommend? I want it to look like a price of furniture kinda. So melamine on the out side won't work. And how do I make it so it can withstand the HIGH humidity of the atb and the CBC? Anything helps.

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Re: Common Boa Constrictor, Amazon Tree Boa, Corn Snake Enclosure Help. Ple

4x2x3 is pretty big for an ATB. How big is (s)he?

Also, definitely give the BCI at least 4'. I have my adults in 4x2x1 and 4x2x2 enclosures and even at 6-9 feet, I think they need upgrades. Those cages work but my adults are still active and could use more space imo

3. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

If I add more plants and sticks and make it look nice and natural for the amazon, would that be okay? Like to make the cage not seem as big. Or what do you suggest I do. I don't know how big the snake is, I'm just taking it in from a reptile owner around my area that first want it any more.

4. EriksExotics

I don't really know a ton about ATBs but since most arboreals do better in smaller cages, I'd research what size cage an ATB would need

5. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Arboreal snakes do perfectly fine in large enclosures so long as you provide plenty of cover. ATB's though a thin snake they can reach lengths of 7'+. The larger the enclosure the better.

6. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

So do y'all think a 4x3x3 cage is big enough for a common boa constrictor? I think I have the wtb cage figured out and the other cage. I just need the boa cage now. And what do you recommend I build it out of, other than melamine.

7. EriksExotics

4x3x3 is fine for a BCI

8. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Imperator?

9. EriksExotics

BCI = Common Boa, BCC = True Red Tail