This Disappears When Logged In

Colossus

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by pjrojo, Apr 15, 2013.

1. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Quick update on my Lereh GTP Colossus, Colossus had a good shed Saturday night, seems very healthy but this little one has gone on a hunger strike that I’ll have to get worked out with him (her)…

Saturday Morning
    8651386664_436960baea_z.jpg

Saturday Night
    8651392030_7af2261cef_z.jpg

8651392054_d83035845c_z.jpg

8651386704_5e0ff6c3dd_z.jpg

8651386770_0e0e68e7e5_z.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Attached Files:

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Beautiful snake :) I hope the hunger strike is short lived!!

3. pjrojo

Thanks Susan, I'm with you I want it to be short lived, I might start getting up in the early AM hours and try feeding

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Very beautiful. I love the markings on him/her!

5. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

he/she looks amazing pjrojo. How long has it been off-feed?

6. pjrojo

I don't have his spreadsheet in front of me but it was early/mid March, this is his second shed and one poop with the first shed

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

she's looking good :) Mid March is not too bad yet. I would leave her alone for atleast a couple of weeks completely. Only change the water and nothing else. Make sure your temp gradient and humidity are good and sit back for a little while. Good luck man!

8. pjrojo

Thanks Joey, I'm an OCD freak on all their temp and humidity, I'm going to try a 2:00am feeding and see what happens, Nala is a good eater and has only turned down one meal since I've had her but this Lereh making me work and I see it as good practice

9. JoeyG

Is it caudling yet? Moving the little tail when hanging down, that's how you can really see when they're ready to eat. What time do you normally feed? I've found that about an hour or two after lights out they'll be more likely to take food. Hopefully after this shed it'll be in better spirits and take it, good luck man

10. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Joey, can you expand on "caudling?" That is very interesting.

11. JoeyG

Chondro neos have a different color tail they used to lure small animals over so they get them in striking range. Once you see them twitching the tail, it's a clear sign they're hunting and more likely to take food.

Having said that, Pat 3-4 days may be too soon. Give it more time in between... IMO

12. pjrojo

Joey I talked to Ryan earlier today while checking on my Supiori and he said that Colossus is at that 'fussy stage' and to try again Friday or so, Yes he's been caudling but he'll tuck and hide, I'm sure he'll be fine I'm just used Nala eating any and everything she can, I went back and look at Nala's chart and she went through this stage too just not this long

13. JoeyG

They'll be the end of us Pat! :) I saw some of Ryan's stock.... if I wasn't waiting on Rocky to ship I might get away with another >:) Good luck with the feeding and let me know how it goes!