This Disappears When Logged In

Color change

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by MelissaH, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelissaH

MelissaH Member

My lizard turned a stange dark green/sorta black today. After I noticed it I cleaned her cage (she is in an aquarium for now) and made sure the water was clean and now she is hiding (it is night). The guy at the pet store thought it was just stress - but I am nervous. She has heat lights and UVB but I think that I gave her too many crickets and they died and fouled the water. Could I have hurt her? Should I just watch her color tomorrow. Do they get dark under stress or could she be sick. It happened so fast. I am a new lizard owner - my daughter left for college and I have become a lizard lover.

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Did you re-arrange anything when you cleaned, stress is a common problem with lizards. Keep an eye and see if the color changes back tomorrow. Keep us informed

3. MelissaH

MelissaH Member

I certainly did re-arrange. I hope that it is as simple as that. She is eating well so I am hoping stress is all that it is and tomorrow brings a happier lizard. Thanks for the quick reply!

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Eating is a good sign. She may have just got a little freaked out by the change.

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

My wd

My wd Puff tends to change into a darker color when he is too cold or stressed he still gets a little stressed when things change he should be ok. Keep us updated please! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.