This Disappears When Logged In

Color Change is Starting!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

He's beautiful!!!

2. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Kik I am very jealous that you get to take that beautiful baby home with you!

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Kik: Worf looks blue and foggy today, so it looks like he will shed before you pick him up! I'll take another photo after he sheds. He's a bit grumpy right now. :)

4. BlackJack

Here is the latest pic of Worf: he just shed 91cm one perfect piece! He weighs a healthy 122 grams! :)
    And sooooooooooooo pretty:
    29 January 2012:
    400769409.jpg
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Stunning color, love the little bits of yellow on his belly! I imagine that that will turn green also?

6. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Beautiful as usual :)....

7. mld

We are all jealous to be getting him, so lucky!

8. BlackJack

No one can say for sure if that yellow will stay or also turn green. ????
    That's the exciting thing about chondros: here is a photo of one of our other adults "Selmak" he was a yellow baby: turned a beautiful green with stunning blues, but also kept a lot of yellow around his belly and spine:
    221813935.jpg

Attached Files:

9. mld

Wow, Selmak is just stunning, I can't get over the vibrant green and blue with a touch of yellow. :x

10. BlackJack

Thanks. I think so too. He's a beauty.
    The color change in chondros is so exciting. They all pretty much look alike as hatchlings, but you really never know what you are going to get as an adult! :)

11. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

If you ever find yourself in the states with your GTPs I'll buy them from you! :D

12. BlackJack

Thanks Joey. :)
    It's crazy how much red-tape is involved with moving animals internationally.

13. JoeyG

I can only imagine! Here it's easy to find chondros but a quality one is harder to come by. I've seen some at shows that look as though they haven't eaten in a while :( You can get some nice ones but I haven't figured out how to explain to my wife why I would pay 2000 for a baby :-" For now I'll stay with the ones I have and the normal ones I can slip in without her seeing a major hit in the bank account >:)

14. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Can we have a last beautiful pict of Worf before I'm coming ? o:)

15. BlackJack

Hi Chris
    Your wish is my command!
    OK I just took some photos, but sweet Worf is already wide awake and hungry!!! (The lights go out in 2 minutes.)
    He tried to bite me AND the camera... fortunately, after one year of practice, I am fast!!
    We fed him on Wednesday so that he will be OK to travel on Saturday! We're looking forward to meeting you in person!! :)
    Give me a few minutes and I'll post the pics here!!

16. BlackJack

Here he is: you can see some water drops still on his back from the afternoon "misting" today.
    The first baby (that we know of) to start turning green -- still not finished -- although every day his red markings are getting more and more blue! It will be up to you Chris to keep us updated!!

401069259.jpg

and another:
    401069262.jpg

and one more:
    401069268.jpg

He/She is SOOOOOOOO beautiful and has so much personality!! I will miss him! :)

Attached Files:

17. mld

Worf is just stunning! :)

18. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Thank you very much !!!! He/She is more and more beautiful :).... I really like him/her... Can't wait !!

19. JoeyG

So lucky to be able to get chondros from Andrea! They're gorgeous

20. BlackJack

Thanks Joey o:)
    We're really proud of all of our babies. Considering it's our very first clutch as breeders of ANYTHING, things have gone so well. From the pairing, to Lantash's incubation...and all the babies (eventually) eating.
    Now they are growing up and moving out!! (Sniff!)
    It will be great to get updates on Worf via HerpCenter! :)
    (We have not gotten ANY feedback on ANY of the babies we've sold so far on the Swiss Reptile forum nor per e-mail! I find that so frustrating!)