This Disappears When Logged In

Color Change is Starting!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Dec 11, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi Kik
    It's difficult to say for sure how long it will last. The father and mother, Crichton and Lantash; changed completely within 2 months, but the red babies seemed to take longer. It's also difficult to know exactly when it's "done": when all of the reddish markings turn blue and all of the yellow turns green but then it takes some time for the colors to intensify.
    One of our adults (Shran) who was a red baby still has quite a bit of yellow mixed in and his "triangles" never really filled in with blue, but I think he's done because he's now 4 years old. (???):
    Shran
    364225054.jpg

Attached Files:

2. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Okay thanks... By the way, shran is beautiful.... I ask this question because I hope worf will not change to fastly because I want to observe this by my eyes to !!!! I'm the future happy worf'buyer Martin found:p

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That's too funny,:cool: I guess you'll have to keep us posted on him! I think he will fit in nicely to your gorgeous collection!

4. BlackJack

Well, hello! Nice to meet you!! :) and welcome to Herp Center!!
    If you look back through my posts, you'll see that Worf and I had quite a few challenges in the beginning. He's a great snake and REALLY clever: He didn't want to take the pinkie mice and he used his tail like a whip to hit the feeding tongs and knock the mouse to the floor of the box. Then when I'd reach in to pick it up, he'd snap at me!! VERY smart animal!!
    But he has calmed down now and is a great eater. (He may even be a "she" -- that will become clear very soon if he stops eating or sheds sperm plugs.)
    Of course, you don't have to call him "Worf": I just gave all the babies names when they hatched. Martin still only knows them by their numbers!! (except Gollum!)
    I am flying back to Switzerland tonight so I am glad I will see Worf again before you pick him up!! Pictures are nice, but he's sooooooo much more beautiful in person! :)

5. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Hi !

Nice to meet you too ! If you have an idea about male or female before I'm coming just say it to me :) ! Later Ill continue with pictures if the change is not finish yet.

Before I pick him up, I have to pass my exams so not funny days are waiting for me :-( !!! --> So pray for me !

See you !

6. BlackJack

Kik, I wish you lots of luck on your exams!! I hope they go well and you don't have too much stress! :)

I just came home last night and saw that several more of the babies are starting to turn green: Bashir (9) and Martok (7) and even little Gollum's red markings are turning a very light lavender! Odo is almost completely green: he started changing after Worf, but his change has gone much much faster!
    We took more pics which I'll post this weekend. But my jet-lag is telling me it's time to go to bed (at 6:45pm!!!) I know it's early, but I have to work tomorrow, so bye for now!

7. BlackJack

The latest on Worf

15 January 2012:
    400526663.jpg

:)

Attached Files:

8. mld

Gorgeous! He is still changing colors, still a little yellow on the tail:)

9. BlackJack

That's right! He's definitely not finished yet! :)

10. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Beautiful! He's changing so fast!

11. kik

kik Well-Known Member

I like the pic !!!! Thank's... Can't wait to see him/her :)

12. BlackJack

Kik, I thought you might want to see this. We fed the babies tonight. Worf is such a good eater! He's now eating 16.0g pinkie rats!
    Look at those teeth! :)

400532267.jpg

Attached Files:

13. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Oh it looks great :). Long teeths !!! That's good if he eats rats. Also mouses ?

14. BlackJack

Oh yes, s/he likes to eat mice too, but we were feeding two 7 gram fuzzy mice, and now s/he takes one pinkie rat every 7-10 days. When s/he gets bigger, s/he will eat rats, so we just started getting all the babies used to the smell/taste now. If mice are cheaper for you, you can switch him back to mice. Worf likes to eat!!
    At 500grams Hoshi and Shran (our youngest adults) were still eating mice.

btw: shouldn't you be studying for your exams? ;-)

15. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Okay ! Oh yeah I should be studying but don't really feel like studying now... That's not good but the call of snakes is to strong :)...
    Still 3 exams and I ll prepare the place for him/her... Hope you don't mind to keep it until there.

16. BlackJack

We don't mind; Worf has always been one of my favorites. (He's never bitten me!) :)
    PS -- I'm happy that your English (and German) is so good: because my French is TERRIBLE!! ;)

17. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

WOW! Worf is really getting green and look at those teeth!

18. BlackJack

To Kik: Here is your baby today: he's getting a much darker green, but his red markings have just started turning blue.
    He really didn't want his photo taken this morning, but I got one good shot:
    Worf: 21 January 2012:
    400623972.jpg

:)

Attached Files:

19. mld

He's gorgeous!:x

20. kik

kik Well-Known Member

very nice pic !! Thank's