This Disappears When Logged In

Color Change is Starting!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Dec 11, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

We did another photoshoot this morning to advertise the last 6 babies for sale. Some of the babies have started their color change... others not at all:

The most exciting for me was Worf's nose and above his eyes: tinges of green!! Can you see them?

400002078.jpg

Martok doesn't have any green yet, but his "horns" have definitely changed to blue and the other red markings are getting lighter:

400002077.jpg

Bashir has no sign of any impending changes: he's still a stunning bright baby yellow with dark red markings:

400002074.jpg

And I won't leave out little Gollum: he never did get a nice bright yellow (just his head a bit): but his red is already lightening up. It'll be interesting if he will develop a deep green or if his pigmentation will always be a bit lighter:

400002076.jpg

As you can see: they are all still working on digesting their 2 fuzzies! They are all nice fat, happy, well-fed babies! :)

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Gorgeous baby photos as usual!
    I can definitely see the green on Worf and the blue on Martok, I very excited to see how Gollum turns out, he is so Precious, Maybe he will have the most glorious colors of all. Best of luck with the last six up for sale, they would all be sold if you lived her in Canada or the US;)

3. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

They are just so pretty. Every time you post pics of your chondros I sigh with great envy.

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I must agree with everyone. Your babies look really nice! they seem quite healthy aswell, keep the updates coming! I'm doing a comparison of mine to yours since they're about the same age :)

5. Kalira

Kalira Elite Member

Wow!! Just stunning! Their color is just phenomenal! Congrats on healthy babies!

6. BlackJack

WOW Worf is getting green FAST!
    Reminder Saturday 11. December 2011
    400018810.jpg

Today (4 days later) 15. December 2011
    400081168.jpg

I will post new pics of his change here in this post.
    Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

7. mld

Wow, that is fast! He's gorgeous!:x

8. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Agreed! that is extremely fast! Keep the updates coming :)

9. BlackJack

We're going to have to count on Martin keeping up with the photos. I'm flying to Los Angeles next Tuesday for 3 weeks. (Last minute decision). By the time I'm back, Worf will probably be completely green and some of the others may have started.

I told him to keep the camera handy and take LOTS of pictures!!
    Sure wish I could take the babies with me -- I don't want to miss a minute of Gollum's change!!

10. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I know what you mean and am the same way with all of my guys and galls. They sure are some very pretty pythons! :)

11. Kalira

Kalira Elite Member

Wow I didn't think it would happen that fast. Its really cool to see the difference in just a few days!

12. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

That is the same color change my boys experience! Looks like before and after playing in the woods. Michael has asked that they try to re-enter the house without, "Half of Mother Earth hanging in your clothes." Beautiful pictures and babies!

13. BlackJack

Hi everyone:
    I've been in California since the 20th of December, but my wonderful husband has done a fabulous job of photographing Worf's color change. He posted them in our gallery today, so I can now share them with you.
    Oh by the way, he also found a buyer for Worf, so we might not be able to document the entire process. But WOW, look at him now!
    21st December 2011:
    400311490.jpg

27 December 2011:
    400311489.jpg

7 January 2012:
    400426718.jpg

close-up
    400426722.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

14. mld

Amazing, he is just so gorgeous! Your husband did a wonderful job with the photos
    Congratulations on finding him a buyer for Worf, lucky guy/gal for sure!

15. BlackJack

Thanks Michele! I didn't find the buyer, Martin did.
    I'll miss the little guy, but honestly we HAVE to focus on getting them good homes, just 5 more to sell!! :)

16. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Your tiny little yellow babies are growing into nice green adults. They are beautiful! I'm going to miss all the pics when you get them all sold.

17. BlackJack

Thanks!
    Fortunately we are keeping Gollum and Odo so I will at least be able to keep you updated on them! :)
    Martin said Gollum is now just over 100grams!! (Remember he was only 6 grams when he hatched 11 months ago.) I'll post his latest pics in a separate thread tomorrow.

18. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Worf looks amazing! I really think you need to move to the States so I can take some of those babies off your hands...

19. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I don't think I was on here then or maybe I just don't remember. I do remember when he was like 20-30 grams and I remember when he moved up to fuzzies though.

20. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Hi !

How long will last the change according to you ?