This Disappears When Logged In

Colombian Rainbow Vs Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by CountTripula, Nov 5, 2011.

1. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

Was wondering what make the two so different. Do they both shimmer and have the rainbow look like the brazilian? Currently thinking about getting one of the two. I have no clue which i would pick. Not bringing the little guy home anytime soon just reading and doing homework on them.

2. giveuptheghost

giveuptheghost Well-Known Member

3. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

colombians are a dark brown to a light tan... I've always liked the brazilians and peruvians better (bright reds and oranges) but the colombians have a sort of charm to them..they have sweet faces :)

This is a peruvian btw, they are more orange than red(though het hypo BRBs tend to be this orange as well) and they also are a bit smaller than the BRBs on average:
    [​IMG]

Also, colombians come in patternless, which I adore!

[​IMG]

4. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

wow, love the coloring and patterning on that peruvian, I had no idea that they could be that vivid in color.

5. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Yeah, that's a really high quality one actually but it best explained how much more 'orange' they were than a brazilian. But I mean, BRBs can be insane bright too, especially a really well line bred het hypo, for some reason those just pop bright colors, like this guy from Bryan Hummel

[​IMG]

He's a high orange version though, a lot are more red, but red seems to be such a dark color more people tend to go for the orange since it's so vivid. I wish the red could be this bright! But I like my bright bright colors!

Though I also want a colombian patternless..it's like a mini olive python! :D

6. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Heres the difference as much as I personally know, BRB's are red-orange with the orange colored crescents on the sides, Peruvians are the same with darker black markings and yellow colored crescents, Columbians look almost the same as the others when babies but they are more brownish and their markings fade out as they grow. I may be off on some of it. This is just my opinion.

7. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

I am in love with the picture purplemuffin has shown. i also like the peruvians.. the guy at our local pet shop has a columbian rainbow boa that has pattern to it somewhat.its very light grey.