This Disappears When Logged In

Cold Snap Back Yard Hunting

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by DwarvenChef, Oct 9, 2013.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Well unintentional hunting LOL

With a surprise shower here in SB we scrambled to cover up so items that have yet to make it into the house after our move. With a tarp covering the stuff we needed something to secure it from wind, ah that 4x6 will do nicely. Low and behold a male S. occedentalis was clinging to the underside of the board and not at all happy with the chilly temps. We had to get pics after I brought him inside (to keep from squishing him if he stayed near this spot) and will let him loose soon as it warms up in a few hours in the same area.

I'm awaiting my kids camera chip so I can get the pics.....

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

IMG_3657_zps9e75abf9.jpg

IMG_3654_zps64af1d13.jpg

IMG_3652_zps03c80383.jpg

Well the wind and cold are not letting up and I'm fighting the urge to hold on to this young male, well I'm leaning twards male... femeral pores, yellow legs, point to male but lack of throat color... maybe very young male.

But alas I have no room to properly house him so I MUST put him back in the woodpile soon as it's warm enough for him to move out there.

Attached Files:

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Much better out there today so he is now back on his board where he was found. While the wind is not very warm today the surface temp on the wood was nice and warm. Enough to get him back to his own end of year hide for the season.

I will just settle for my hatchling as my local "bloodline" scelop :) The little guy is now on small crickets :)

4. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

He's so cute!!