This Disappears When Logged In

Coastal Carpet Python Morph?

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by GLExotics, Feb 22, 2012.

1. GLExotics

GLExotics New Member

Hello All!

I purchased this carpet python from a local kid. Now I have kept various species of carpet pythons in the past BEFORE all the morphs came out. He told me it is a tiger coastal carpet. Whether this is correct or not, it doesn't matter because this one will be a pet only. Come to find out the day I got him home he also has a severe upper respiratory infection which is now being taken care of... I wont go too far into the details but needless to say I am questioning his honesty here, especially because he stated he took it to a vet and the veterinarian told him the wheezing and snot was normal, and I checked that reference to find that information false...

ANYWAY, I know it is hard to tell just by looking, but what morph would you say this carpet is, if any?

Attached Files:

2. GLExotics

GLExotics New Member

Ps. He has a vet appointment on Tuesday, the soonest I could get him in. Meanwhile I'm keeping the cage temps higher and the lucky snake gets to take steam showers with me every morning! :)

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

looks tiger to me,nice looking one,good luck at the vet

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

This is the best pic I could find of a costal. I agree, I think you may have a tiger.

5. Reptileherps

Reptileherps Well-Known Member

Looks like a tiger to me. But regardless, it's a very pretty snake

6. GLExotics

GLExotics New Member

Thanks for all the feedback :) he seems to be doing better already and sure is an outgoing little guy. I have to think of a name for him.

Now to get myself a breeding pair of Iran jayas ;)

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

this is the pic I meant to put up :) this is a tiger