This Disappears When Logged In

Clutch #1 is HATCHING!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Wyldrose, Jul 8, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Awesome little guys! Dare I say it... very cute! :x

2. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

Well you definitely need more snakes... :-"

3. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Does anyone else see Jack Skeleton in #8's head pattern? It looks like jack with a ghost behind him... lol

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So #2 looks off in color compared to the rest he had to be a diffused caramel!
    Eyes are grey
    021-22.jpg
    With #1, it has no red
    014-26.jpg

So the end results are 2.1 diffused, 1.0 carmele diffused(holdback #2 lol) 1.3 normals. Normal #3 is adopted already and I am keeping #2 and #6 :)
    So FlameStrike is het caramel and Zomba is het diffused and caramel :) Very exciting since I was expecting 100% normals. I love hidden hets :)

Attached Files:

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I took my keepers out and took a pic of them together :)
    Sour cream container works great to contain them together to get a picture squiggly boys!! lol! I need to work on naming them
    #2 Male caramel diffused and #6 bloodred they are both in blue so I can't wait to see them shed!
    042-6.jpg
    I will be pairing these 2 again next year I am very pleased with the results!!

Attached Files:

6. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Like I said on FB, just send 'em all to me, haha! BTW, what are your prices for adoptions? *You can PM me on FB if you like!

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Maybe on my next trip to Edmonton I can bring you one Tara and ship it to you via reptiles express, they don't come this far North. Flying them is $100. I have no idea how to price them, I know since I am the only breeder up here I can ask for more, like normals are $15 in some states. Petland has a bloodred for $160+ tax so I am going to ask $100 for the bloods and prob $50 for the normals.

I have confirmation from the breeder that I got FlameStrike(the sire) from that they look diffused to her :) yay!
    They are in blue now and should shed soon. I'll post pics of post lay shed and then it's time to convince them to eat!

#1 was going to kill me yesterday when I gave him a moss hide lol! I think he's grumpy because he is in blue and I have him on PINK carefresh!! Bad me lol! I was out of paper towel when the 1st 3 hatched. The kids enjoy using entire rolls to clean up little spills... lol
    027-15.jpg

Attached Files:

8. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

They are so cute and little! It makes me really want a snake or 10.

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

#1 shed! He is fiesty!! Bit me and attacked the camra I'm going to give him a pinky tomorrow I am sure I will have no issues feeding him!

#1 male bloodred
    019-21.jpg

Attached Files:

10. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

Love that color!

11. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Awesome! I am still working on hubby, he hates snakes, lol!

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

#3 shed last night as well. She is adopted to a little girl, my daughters best friend. Her Mom has been doing her research since Heart laid her clutch of slugs.
    Here is "Bloody Corny" female normal het blood, amel ph caramel
    013-26.jpg
    #2 shed this evening 99.9% sure he's a caramel diffused het amel
    052-3.jpg
    #1 and #2 together to show the difference from a blood/diffused and caramel diffused
    068-4.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Gorgeous :D So envious! Wish hubby would allow me to get some snakes again, haha!

14. rlb706

rlb706 Member

Aww! Congratulations on your new babies! They are absolutely beautiful! :)

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Thank you all :) All 8 have shed and ate :)
    A few more meals in them and I can start adopting them out ;)
    So far just the normals are avaliable. I will decide whats up when Venus's clutch hatches in the next few days! #2 the caramel diffused is staying here for sure!