This Disappears When Logged In

Clutch #1 is HATCHING!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Wyldrose, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It's day 55, it's a hot day so I checked the temp in the incubator and 3 have their noses popped out!! I woke everyone up, it's just after 11pm and my hubby works at 5 am lol!!

I am so excited!
    The three with noses popped out are all normals so that means Zomba bred with my male and not the petshop "male" She was sold to me as a male.
    This is from Zomba(sunglow) x FlameStrike (diffused/bloodred). So all should be normals het fires :)
    071-1.jpg
    072-1.jpg

Perfect timing, my vacation started today so I have 9 days to coddle them :) lol!

Attached Files:

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Whoot grats on the timing :)

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thats awesome Susan, looks like they are blowing bubbles :)

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats susan!! look forward to more pics soon :)

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So baby #1 is out and he looks like a bloodred/diffused??? Maybe Zomba is het diffused?
    He is so tiny!!
    In my hands, look at his head patteren
    002-45.jpg
    In my almost 7yr olds hand
    003-32.jpg
    it's clear belly, it should look like a checkers bord
    007-33.jpg
    The other 5 eggs have not pipped yet so keeping my fingers crossed that they are just taking their sweet time :)

Attached Files:

6. mld

Sweet, love the head pattern, looks like an alien skull looking from the from and if looking from behind I see Scream!

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I think you just named him Michele :) lol Scream!
    I can't wait to see the rest now, if this is a bloodred it's a keeper! I didn't pop it, just picked it up for a quick picture then put it back.

8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the others. That pattern is pretty interesting too.

9. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! baby# 1 is so cool looking... Can't wait to see the rest of the babies!!!!

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Two more out! One more bloodred/diffused!!
    #2 bloodred/diffused
    018-19.jpg
    His belly
    020-9.jpg
    #3 a very nice red normal het fire, see his belly has checkers
    036-7.jpg

Attached Files:

11. mele

mele Elite Member

How exciting :) Congrats! Very cute.

12. mld

Sweet, love that normal! :x

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

The normal is so red I love it!! I could see the red on its sides and I was hoping it would come out soon! 5 to go now :)

14. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

I love the third one! :)

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

More babies!!
    #4 normal
    052-2.jpg
    #5 normal
    054-4.jpg
    #6 diffused/bloodred ??? This is my keeper!
    077-3.jpg
    His head pattern is neat looks like a butterfly
    060-3.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

I have no idea which one is cooler!!! I have a sudden urge to say I WANT THEM!!!! But I will control myself :(((

17. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

# 7 normal
    001-36.jpg
    #8 is out kinda but has some umbilical attacked so going to see if it's absorb it :)

Attached Files:

18. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

That's awesome! Congratulations!

19. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So many people are saying that they are diffused/bloodreds and one person says they can't be... So I'm torn genetically speaking they are if Zomba carries blood then the clutch should be 50% normals and 50% bloods and out of 8 eggs 4 are normals and 4 are these blood looking babies.

I think the one who doesn't think they are diffused seems to to enjoy putting people down. I emailed Rebecca Purdom of Triple R corns, she bred and sold me my male so I asked what she thinks of them. I'll give her a call later and see if she got the email and talk genetics with her lol!! Until then they are my little bloodred babies and I love them :) #6 is not going any where as soon as I saw that head pattern I was in love!! Looks like it's a male too!

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

# 8 has finally decided to join us :) Another diffused/blood looking baby :) Very red too!
    002-46.jpg
    All 8 made it out safe and sound, no kinks :) Now to wait for them to shed and try to feed them!!

Attached Files: