This Disappears When Logged In

Clawed Water Frog Picky Eater

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Sjhillusions, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

I have an albino clawed water frog, hes about 1 1/2 years. My mom gave to me a couple months back, and i discovered he doesn't eat his pellets. He started getting thin and I freaked out a little bit. I end up buying him rosies and he loved them! He plumped up really fast. But it seems to be all he wants to eat. I stopped feeding him the rosies about a week ago and have only been offering him pellets... but he only seems to play with them, not eat them. What else can i feed him? He likes live things that move. I'm wondering if his eye sight is bad and that's why he likes the live food? Hes developing these dark purple vains down his back... is that because hes had a high protein diet with the fish?

2. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Do you have any pictures? [I can't give you advice on this, but I am really curious to see what he looks like! He sounds neat.]

3. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

4. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

Eaton-20110118-00024.jpg

Attached Files:

5. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Your link was broken somehow...but I reposted it so people can see. His feet are soooo cool! I don't see any purple veins, though?

Attached Files:

6. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

7. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

im new to this. trying to figure out how to post them. the veins are thin, kinda hard to see. plus it didn't help that my frog was super hyper.

8. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Actually, looking closer, I think I can see them. They are near his bum, right?

[sidenote: to post a picture, right click on the pic you want to share and do "copy image url" and put that link in the box when you click the picture on the post reply. Hope that helps.]

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

For photobucket, just copy the IMG code and paste it into your post.

10. puzzlebean

puzzlebean Elite Member

Oh! Nice. Thanks.

Back on track - I hope that someone can answer your questions about your frog. He looks big...how old is he?

Edit: read back through and answered my own question. Good luck with him!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I fixed your first post. Go back and click "edit" and see what the tags are supposed to look like.

12. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

hes anywhere from 1 1/2 to two years old and about 3 inches from head to abdomen

13. Sjhillusions

Sjhillusions Member

thanks