This Disappears When Logged In

Childrens python?

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Python John, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python John

Python John Elite Member

anybody got one?

well, how are they as pets?

i cant find many care sheets on the internet, so im asking here.

(if you'd like, you could post some pics of yours too....i just love pics.)

2. LouEvil

LouEvil Member

I recently acquired an Antaresia childreni and I am quickly becoming very fond of her. They are very pretty snakes, moreso than their close relatives the Spotted Python (Antaresia maculosa) in my opinion. She is still settling into her new home so she is pretty defensive and nippy.....I have been told and read that babies are nippy but calm down with gentle handling. They are fairly easy to care for from what I understand......they don't require high humidity, don't get very big (2-3 feet I believe) and are fairly easy to breed.

3. Python John

Python John Elite Member

YAY! now just gotta wait, till i get the money.

woo-hooo

4. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Here you go John...

http://cc.usu.edu/~jgjulander/ChildrensCare.html

By the way, did you know that your Will and Grace quote originated from a line in a horror movie called "They Live" starring Rowdy Roddy Piper in the 80's? The line he said was, "I came here to kick *ss, and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubble gum. He then proceeded to kill the aliens. Good luck.

5. Python John

Python John Elite Member

thank you for the website

no, i didnt know about the quote, ive enver seen that movie, ill have to rent it sometime, i just like it from will and grace because of the way she says it :D

6. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

Childrens are lovely snakes

hey Python John

How you doing ?

Childrens are great snakes, we have a bunch of em here.

They are a very social snake and will live quite well with other childrens of the same size (dont put small with large as they are prone to eating eachother) just seperate them a month before mating or it will not happen for you.

Watch the food round breeding season, pump the females full of rats but dont feed the males too much or like most aussie males they will get fat and not want too mate.

They can be prone to dry sheds and like a little spray while on shed.
    Just remember that these guys come from a place that is just off the temps of your death valley and can go years without rain.

The sad part about childrens is that they loose most of thier colour and markings and become quite bland compared to a stimpsons or a spotted python.

I would post some pics of em but I dont know how.

Richard.

7. Python John

Python John Elite Member

thank you, and posting the on the website is FAIRLY easy.

first, you have to have them saved on your computer to begin with.

then you have to make sure they arent too big, the website will tell you the maximum size allowed.

you go down to the bottom of either a reply page, or post a new thread page, where it says "manage atachments". you then hit the "browse" button, and find the right file, then you have to wait for it to upload, then you can add more or just leave it like that

OR, if you have them on a website(i.e. photobucket.com) you can copy the direct URL to the pic. and place the pics URL inbetween the tabs.

hope you can

8. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Youre welcome, John. Yeah, that movie is pretty funny, if you like cheesy 80's sci-fi flicks. Im a horror fan, myself.

9. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

I love horror flicks, but I go more for the not so cheesy ones and also the old ones, especially those with Vincent Price! :D I've actually never heard of that one... I'll have to see if my local Blockbuster has it!

I also love Will and Grace and remember that eppie! :rolleyes:

10. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

re childrens pythons

They come in all colours over here but I like the blondes, they hold the colour better than the standard ones.

This one is not bad.

11. Python John

Python John Elite Member

thats a very nice looking one.

how much does a baby one cost(averagely)?

-john

p.s. i see you got the picture working

12. BandyBandy

BandyBandy Member

re childrens

A hatchling is $180 and a breeding female is $300 and thats from good lines.

We have some very nice spotted and stimpsons as well so I will post some pics tonight so you can compare them to the childrens.

Richard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.