This Disappears When Logged In

cheap drip system

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by RES/AnoleLover89, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RES/AnoleLover89

RES/AnoleLover89 Elite Member

I put saran wrap over my Anole tank, but it still dries out faster than i can keep it misted. (usually when I'm at work) so i took a Dasani water bottle and poked holes in it with a pin. then i put a few on the other side so air could pass through. Hopefully it will keep the humidity up a little better. i put it on top of the tank and my girl is eying it.She's shedding right now so I'm trying to keep the humidity up. Cool thing i learned is if it drips too much, just rotate it onto its side. it will drip less or more depending on how close the holes are to the bottom. thought id put this up.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

i'm considering doing this with a gallon water jug. I can't keep the humidity up for the large enclosure. I spray and its around 85, but then when i come home after work, its down to 55 or 60. I figure i can drip the water down the pothos leaves next to the heater.

3. gulogulo82

gulogulo82 Member

I use a paper cup.:D

4. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Mist king works well, but not cheap lol.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Pretty simple idea. Yeah styrofoam cup works well too. Can put an icecube in as well. I have a do it yourself misting system made from garden sprayer and sprinkler timer. It's very low maintanence.

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

very easy to make isnt mike?

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Sure. Just have to find the parts you need. I got mine at baskinglizards.

8. CMKoehler

CMKoehler Elite Member

I got an IV set from my wife's work, cut the ends off and stuck one end into a empty juice bottle filled with water. The good thing is it let's me regulate the dripping speed :)
    No poking holes or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.