This Disappears When Logged In

Changing Waterfall--Quickly!

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by CentriRitanni, Aug 14, 2012.

1. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

So I want to change Perp's waterfall, and I want to do it today (I have surgery tomorrow, so it's now or in a month or more). Right now it's just 2 pumps with 1/8" tubing, one goes up 3" straight, then has a standard fountain effect, the other goes up 5" and does the same. Boring, but effective. Both pumps have a total max lift of 12", and the only other fountain pumps I can get today are from Garden Ridge, which have a max lift of 15".

Basically, I'm looking for ideas (quickly) on how to modify. I had a waterfall built from styrofoam that attached to a base for her bowl, but the idea for a base was nixed in another thread (http://www.herpcenter.com/water-dragons/43418-infinity-pool.html), and no, there's no way to use that waterfall without the base, and it's not steady even with a partial part of the base. Which is fine, I'll just do something else.

Here is the idea I had (feel free to tell me it wouldn't work and why):

jar and colander.png
    Note that the height of the lower pump must be lower than that of the upper pump for this to work. Also note that I have large river stones that would cover the pumps.

Any comments or other ideas? I'm just looking to give her a little more water to play in, it doesn't necessarily have to be pretty.
    These are the jars I have (what you see on the left side):
    Hanging Mason Jar | Pottery Barn

2. Zane

Zane Well-Known Member

It looks like you have got your setup just the way you want it, I'm looking forward to seeing pics or even a video of the waterfall in action.

3. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

Unfortunately, I didn't get it done in time. Fortunately, it should be simply to do either in a few weeks out if I can talk my dad into it. I have a good excuse, though! (attached pic)

Allegedly I'll only be in crutches for three weeks, but based on the fact that I almost fainted on the commode (admittedly, kind of funny, especially since I then had to eat a popsicle there), I'm skeptical. Regardless, she will get her waterfall, even if I have to coerce an unwitting friend into doing it.

Attached Files: