This Disappears When Logged In

Central America Boa?

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Renouji, May 29, 2011.

1. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

I was wondering how big do central american boas get? I'm considering getting one and wanted to know how large they get.

2. Yurusumaji

Yurusumaji Elite Member

4-10 feet, females being on the larger end of the scale. Maximum weight will be around 40-50 lbs.

3. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

Nice, which caresheet should I be looking at for them?

4. Yurusumaji

Yurusumaji Elite Member

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

6. HERPies

HERPies Elite Member

try 4 to 6 feet. they are considered a dwarf species. you can get them in some nice morphs for very cheap.

7. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

what exactly are morphs? color/pattern changed sub-species? and where would I find them the pet stores here neither take proper care of their pets but only have standard ones lol

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Central American Boas are much smaller than common boas - they are a different subspecies. My Male was 35 inches last time I measured him. At that size, he fits very well in the average pocket! Females will be slightly smaller (I think I read 5 foot average.) Mine is 3.5 years old, approximately. I will try to get a more recent measurement for you.

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

10. HERPies

HERPies Elite Member

females are bigger than males. kingsnake.com under albino boa and other morphs. they will be mixed in with columbian morphs. labeled as ca or nicaraguan. the T+ morph is very nice!