This Disappears When Logged In

Carpet Update - Pics!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by justor, Jul 29, 2012.

1. justor

justor Elite Member

Just a little update on my carpet python. I've had her for about three months now and she is doing very well. She is about due for another shed I think. She hasn't gone blue yet, but she looks rather dull. I expect her to start shedding in the next week or two. It's hard to get an accurate measurement on her, but I would guess she's about 3-3.5 feet long.

So here are some pictures from this morning. Hope you enjoy. ;)

6fcf8206.jpg

16600081.jpg

a1ac3f1d.jpg

a0e148d9.jpg

c08f47d4.jpg

0cf1d322.jpg

49582070.jpg

5789b038.jpg

57904f42.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mele

mele Elite Member

Beautiful snake. Thanks for sharing.

3. Wolfbandit

Wolfbandit Elite Member

What a pretty snake! It's good to see a carpet python that's handable. Almost every single one I've come across has been mean. Not hissing me, but striking until it gets you mean.

4. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

so pretty! love the colour :)

5. justor

justor Elite Member

Yeah she's got a great attitude. Never hisses or strikes at me. I've come across a few nippy hatchlings, but they were mostly cool once they were out of the cage.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, great looking Carpet snake, I used to keep them too, I`ve been "caught" a couple of times, but I survived the ordeal! ;)

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

She's looking awesome! Much bigger then I thought too so you must be doing well with her. She's a beauty!!! ;)

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks like she is going to be a stunner!

9. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Oh man!!! Too much Justor too much. I am stuck. I am paralyzed trying to pick a carpet lol. Can't wait. Gorgeous snake btw. I am glad you got one that is easily handleable

10. diehardislanders

Do you have any baby pics for comparison? I want to see how the colors develop?

11. justor

justor Elite Member

I got her at ten months old so no baby pics necessarily. Her colors have brightened up quite a bit though since I've had her. This is the oldest picture I have of her. It was taken by the breeder a week before she was sent to me. I think his camera washed out her colors a little because I don't remember her being quite so black and white. You can hardly tell she has any color at all in this pic lol, but as I recall she was a little more yellow when I got her.

1f69db7e.jpg

Attached Files:

12. JoeyG

I keep coming back to the thread just to check her out again! She's a beauty!

13. justor

justor Elite Member

Actually now that I think about it that picture really is not an accurate representation of her colors at that time. The picture he had up on his website (which is no longer there, and I never saved a copy of it) definitely showed more yellow than that quick snapshot of her in her bin.

14. justor

justor Elite Member

A beauty indeed! Glad she has been keeping you entertained ;)

15. diehardislanders

Hahaha me too man. Gorgeous coloring. I am torn between a jungle, jaya, and splurging on a trophy jaya jag. If i was guaranteed that the jungle would end up like justor's i think i would get the jungle.

What do you think?
    Jungle_female_1-pic_2.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Very nice! I've always liked carpets.

17. JoeyG

I like the jungles. Find out if his breeder has any this year. They're still Morelia so I really like them a lot too

18. justor

justor Elite Member

Just to be clear mine actually isn't a jungle she just has a lot of yellow. She is what's known as a "high-contrast queensland" (HCQ) coastal. And she was actually a cross between a pure HCQ and a coastal red jag.

That snake has some awesome colors (I like the high black), but it isn't a jaguar. There should be little to no dorsal patterning in a jag. That one seems to have a lot of banding going across its back. It is probably a jaguar sibling though.

19. justor

justor Elite Member

I should add that there is some debate as to what exactly a HCQ carpet python actually is. Some say it should be a separate subspecies, some say it's pure coastal and some say it's a natural outcross between a jungle and a coastal since both jungles and coastals inhabit the Queensland area. Also it is debatable as to wether or not jungles and coastals are even different species despite their obvious differences in color and pattern. I don't think it has actually been proven that they are the same, but from what I understand they are almost genetically identical to each other.

20. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Very, very pretty snake. I have an IJ myself and she's amazing, the markings on her face look like a skull. Pretty pretty snake you got there.