This Disappears When Logged In

Carnivorous Plants

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by Frogguy, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogguy

Frogguy Active Member

Well, I went to Lowe's and saw some carnivorous plants.I was thinking of buying some for my future darts and thought I would get some venus flytraps,a pitcher plant,and a sundew plant.Would this combination be ok with darts?Thanks!;)I also saw a few african violets.Are they ok in PDF's enclosures?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

The violets are fine, but I think the humidity in the tank will be too much for them, and they will rot. I'm not sure on the other plants and if they will be OK or not.

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

If you want to try carnivorous plants look into sun pitchers and Monkey pitcher plants (high land speices) they can carry quite a price for most speices and you'll want to mount the monkey pitchers but the'll grow well given good lighting conditons at the humidity.

4. Reptoid

Reptoid Elite Member

I've always thought carnivorous plants were cool. Please keep us updated on what you might get and provide pics :cool:.

5. Frogguy

Frogguy Active Member

Well I already bought the plants.I didn't buy the violet,I bought sheet moss and a purple pitcher.My camera is jammed so I will probably end up buying a new one.I'll get pics soon!Oh I also bought a "Diffenbachia" plant and a bromeliad!Is the Diffenbachia okay to use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.