This Disappears When Logged In

Can't Post a New Thread

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Majora, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Majora

Majora Elite Member

Let's see if this works... I am trying to post a thread over in the Bearded Dragon section and I keep getting a server error. I am using Chrome and when I try to post the new topic it gives me this error:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.herpcenter.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=138. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, if someone could point me in the right direction. I've posted threads here before with no issue, so I dunno.

Edit: And it let me post this one... the only thing I can think of is that I have links in the new topic I am trying to post?

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The 500 error is typically the result of copying and pasting something that contains hidden code or characters that the server is reading as a hack attempt. Are you copying and pasting something?

3. Majora

Majora Elite Member

I copied and pasted some links to pictures because I thought the problem might be that I tried to use the uploader the first time. I got the same error the first time I tried to post the thread though, and I hadn't copied/pasted anything at that point.

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

5. Majora

Majora Elite Member

I had closed out of the post I had written up the other night, but I just re-typed it and the thread posted fine. I don't know why it wouldn't let me post it the other day, but at least it worked this time. Thanks for the help :)