This Disappears When Logged In

Can't get Avatar

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by steel rip, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I don't have settings anymore to put up an avatar, is this a known problem or something thats not been fixed yet? sorry to be a pain if you already know about this :eek:

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

You have to reset them in your user cp

3. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

There is only one setting for do not use avatar, no other setting, if I press reset fields there is no other option to choose avatar.

4. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Having same problem, it only gives me the option to reset the settings :(

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

you have to add a url in the vavtar bar, once there is one there you can remove the bullet on "do not use avatar"

6. cman

cman Elite Member

Oh I got it now yay but I only got to find a pic thanxs

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

use one off your hard drive or better yet upload them to photobucket.com so you can resize and edit them prior to using them as avatars or signature pics !!!

8. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Im not getting an avatar bar :( ... I probably should have said that before. I have the option to save changes but the only thing I can change is the option to not use the current avatar, and I cant unselect that. :(

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

try this
    Your Current Avatar Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
    Do not use an avatar
    Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.
    Custom AvatarIf you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.
    Use Custom Avatar **** this is where the bullet is ***
    You may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
    Enter Avatar URL: **** this is where you enter URL of picture ****

Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    once you add the URL you can remove the bullet at custom avatar

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

where the bullet is is the only thing in the window that is changeable. There is not choice/bar to insert the URL from a hosting site nor a choice to upload one off the hardrive.

Im trying to capture a shot of my screen to show you, I know its a simple fix, its just an inside job :)

11. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Having the same problem.........

12. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

there is no setting for use custom avatar, heres a pic of what we have got!

Attached Files:

13. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Thanks for the attempt Ken, sorry for the laymens terms..Im not really a computer person :eek:

And above is exactly whats happening to me!

14. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

go to user cp
    first box is "your current avatar" the bullet will be filled as you are not using one

the box below it is fro custom avatar, this is where you add a url from say photobucket.com or upload from hard drive. once this is done you can remove the bullet in box 1. now your custom avatar will be there. just hit save changes on bottom

15. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

ALas I see the problem. For some reason the custom option is not appearing on your user cp. It is there for mine. This is a fix for an Admin, not a moderator. So you would have to PM Rich, Dom, or Merlin. sorrr. How does your signiture work ??? you should be able to add url photo's there as well. let me know

16. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I can add profile picture, not tried sig yet, also, the manage attachements is no longer available in pms either :eek:

Nope my sig not working...

17. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Hmmmmm.....pm Rich , Dom, Or Merlin. I do not have that authority,,,,you need an admin...sorry

18. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Ok, thanx anyway, Ken for your help, much appreciated ;)

19. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    The avatar problem is resolved. Signatures should also be resolved.

20. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Thanx Rich, I put my grandaughter as my avatar for a while, to show her off, lol, shes just beautiful..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.