This Disappears When Logged In

Can Trina Get Out?

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by josh112990, Dec 6, 2009.

1. josh112990

josh112990 Well-Known Member

i have Trina in a 55 temp tank for mite treatment and she has been being pretty well behaved in there until today i have to work all day so i was wondering if she would be able to get out of the tank there is a clip on every side of the tank but she keeps going up between the top and the cross member so my question is should i snake proof the area before i go to work i have already warned people that it may be possible for her to get out but i want to be certain

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Isn`t the best thing to do to make the tank secure, before you do anthing else; I`m NOT being patronizing, I don`t quite understand you saying "snake-proof the area"?

3. boaterr

boaterr Well-Known Member

Yes, she could get out.

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Ramses, my large burmese python was in a 55 gallon tank when I initially got him- he was only 10 ft and about 25 pounds at the time- he kept pushing at the lid of the tank and POPPING the clips off. I finally had to wrap the tank with wire around the two sides and in tje middle to keep him from getting out until I built his permanent cage. He has lived happily in the new cage for nearly two years and no further incidents. So in answer to your question, Trina will get out if there is a weak spot in the cage, and the middle of a 55 tank is a severely weak spot. Good luck with the escape proofing.

5. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I agree.

Always think of the worst case scenario and act before it happens. Make sure she cannot get out at all!!!

6. josh112990

she hasnt got out but what i was saying by "snake proofing" was lke blocking off the door to the room and making sure if she does get out that there is nothing for her to get into trouble with

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You would really be better served by insuring that the snake cannot get out of the enclosure. If you have the clips I think that you have, they will not be sufficient to hold a snake of that size.
    Try taking your hands and lifting the lid with the clips in place. If you can lift it, so can the snake.

8. josh112990

i cant lift the lid of the enclosure ther are clips on all sides and they are pretty secure