This Disappears When Logged In

Can Snakes Become Impacted?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by TitoAndKatt, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Shiiva has not pooped yet after her very large 2-mouse meal... I fed her Monday night if I remember correctly. Should I be worried? She still seems a little fat...

2. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

yes they can however, I wouldn't be too worried yet you feed in a feed box right?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! It takes considerably longer then 4 days for them to digest and eliminate.

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Yes I do feed in a box. When she is done eating she gets put back in her tank to digest. And thank you Merlin! :) About how long does it normally take? I was not super observant of her pooping habits before as she was only temporarily mine, but now that she is mine, I am as neurotic as I am about my other babies. :p haha That and before she WOULD poop sooner because she was getting smaller food.

5. Merlin

Depending on the size of the feeder I usually expect a present a week to two weeks afterwards.

6. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Well I fed my carpet 1 adult mice, and 3 weaners in 2 weeks once and she took about 3weeks to completely digest those mice. So I wouldn't be particularly worried.

7. angrykitten

angrykitten Elite Member

Yes, I noticed that Sibilla poops about once every 3 weeks.

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

As long as she doesn't get bloated or excessively lethargic, there really is no need to worry. There isn't much consistency to it.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

They have quite slow metabolisms, and take much longer to digest food than many other reptiles ( some lizards) my Monitor will digest a large rat in 2 or 3 days. I don`t think you have anything to worry about , Katt.
    I like your enclosures very much by the way!
    P.S. I thought being nuerotic was something you did naturally, Kitty!

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I think all new-pet owners go through a stage of neurosis - at least the ones who care do.

11. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

That`s true, Katt`s at least watching closely and asking questions. I still think you`re nuerotic though! (In the nicest possible way, of course!) :)

12. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha Yes, being Neurotic IS part of my personality. Ask any of my friends! ;) lol So how exactly does that work then if I am feeding her every 7 days, but she takes a few weeks to digest? Is it okay to feed her again Before she is done digesting? I would think it would be... :confused: I mean WE eat before we are done digesting...

13. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

same basic principle - think of it as an assembly line.

14. Merlin

Interesting way to put it but yes!
    Feed on schedule. When the time comes you will know!

15. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha I you mean I will know because of a big poop in the water dish? ;) lmao Thanks guys! :)

16. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

So, she STILL hasn't pooped... I fed her again on Monday, but she would only eat 1 mouse this time...It's been almost two weeks... :(

17. Merlin

Relax,...
    as the saying goes,...
    This too shall pass!;)

18. bdoink

bdoink Elite Member

All of my corns take awhile to go. If they're close to going, sometimes a quick soak will do the job.

19. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

I have given her a few good soaks but no luck. She passed some urates, but no actual poop.

20. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

P.S. Here is a picture of her tail. I think it looks a bit swollen, but then I could just be imagining things... :confused: See the way it is kind of fat, but then narrows really suddenly?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.