This Disappears When Logged In

Can I Keep Tegu In A 75 Gallon Tank?

Discussion in 'Tegu' started by Reptiled, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Reptiled

Reptiled New Member

Can I keep a Tegu in a 75 gallon tank, if not what would be some other good choices for it. besides bearded dragons.

2. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

Don't feel a 75 gallon would be enough for a tegu. Were you looking at just lizards or would you be willing to go the snake route?

3. Reptiled

Reptiled New Member

Lizards. I'd like a snake but other people in my house won't allow them haha

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

What are the floor dimensions of the 75? I believe you could keep a Uromastyx in something that size.

5. ExoJoe

ExoJoe Established Member

Uromastyx would be cool. I believe they are a strict vegetarian eater too which makes things nice on the feeding end of the care.

6. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Definitely no tegu, they will get way too big. The uro might be a good idea, but it will be a lot of work to modify the tank to make it efficient and a good habitat.

7. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Have you considered a Bearded Dragon? (See Cover Photo) They are very gentle, and easy to care for. They are omnivores. I have a free Bearded Dragon group, online. Pls let me know if you are interested in any info. A 75 g tanl would be ok. I can give you info on the correct lights/UVB, the best places to buy, and not to buy from, including feeder insects. If you do decide on a Beardie, no matter what you are told, avoid crickets (crix). They carry and pass on parasites to Dragons, resulting in unnecessary illness and vet bills.

ATTENTION MEMBERS: I need help in identifying a snake. I have started a new conversation, but I don't see a button that will upload the snake photo. Where is it? Can anyone help me, please? Thank you very much in advance. Emerald