This Disappears When Logged In

Can I Detect and Adjust Temp Remotely?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by invictusa, Nov 11, 2010.

1. invictusa

invictusa Member

Is there any way to adjust the settings of a rheostat and detect temperature settings when you are away from home? Perhaps with one of those newfangled super phones and their "apps?"

I have to leave work to work in the very early AM and raising the temp to meet the daytime requirement so early is no doubt causing a bit of stress to my little one.

I understand the idea of digital or analog surge protectors but being able monitor temperatures while away from home and being able to adjust them would be cool enough to be science fiction.

Am I just being wishful for the future or do any of you know of a way to do this?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Instead of a rheostat use a thermostat. It will adjust itself.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep, just get a thermostat. Set it to whatever temp you need to maintain and then you never have to think about it again.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

You can also change the temperature with various time settings just like in a house.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

6. invictusa

invictusa Member

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

just about anything can be bought if you have the money!

8. invictusa

invictusa Member

Oh . . . no . . . I can't stop . . . it . . . Beatles quote . . . possessing my . . . fingers on the key board . . . "Money can't buy me" a remote temperature adjuster.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Too funny! But money can buy you a remote temperature adjuster!