This Disappears When Logged In

Can anyone in PA help w/shipping?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Jem_Scout, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Jade is trying to get the corns to me in WI but we don't know the first thing about shipping them...
    Any tips from you people in PA? Can she ship them through UPS or no? I know people have shipped through UPS and just didn't say what was in the box but I'm not so sure how safe that is for the snakes. Will they be ok if shipped through UPS and FRAGILE was written on the box? I have heard you need a speacial "shipping number" or something like that, in order to ship them through UPS.
    Can they be shipped overnight through the regular mail?
    A pet shop (even if it IS a dump) can still ship them out to me don't you think?
    I don't care how much the shipping is, I just want the snakes to be safe!
    Thanks you guys...
    Jem and Jade

2. venus

venus Founding Member

I ship all my beardies thru DHL...they are not the best, but they will deliver live reptiles with no problems. I also write on the outside of the box, live harmless reptile. But, you have to have it picked up from your door, non of the drop off locations will accept it. Just make sure you package them appropriately for whether and travel. You can set up an account for free with them at www.dhl.com
    Hope this helps.

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

OK this means that...Jade has to have DHL pick them up at HER house and they will deliver the package right to MY door?

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Yep, that is correct.

5. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Jade- I asked Venus to help us get the snakes to me safely... :D
    She's our hero! LOL

6. venus

venus Founding Member

lol...i am going to do my best. :D

7. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

YAY!

I'll see if i can get DHL to come pick them up then

does this box look ok?
    its got styrofoam all around and has enough room inside that they both fit and then the extra material above the knot on the bigger bag fills the rest of the space and i'll tape a heatpack to the lid and maybe put one in the bottom if it needs to be warmer.
    anything wrong with it?

Attached Files:

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

bigger bag??? What do you mean?

9. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

oh srry ,they each have their own bag and ponchos is bigger so when i tie the knot to keep him theres alot of material above the knot that fills in the rest of the space in the box and will keep them cushioned.
    if im the only one that knowswhat im talking about i'll put up a pictures in the morning to show you :D

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I hope you mean pillow cases and NOT plastic bags!

11. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

no definaty not plastic a pillow case a cloth bag

12. venus

venus Founding Member

You dont want them to get to warm so 1 heat pack should be ok. Make sure to poke some holes in the sides of the box and thru the styrofoam for air to pass thru.

13. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm so excited!!! :D
    Tanks are all set up and waiting!

14. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

Grr the DHL site isn't excepting the credit card information that i need to give it to get my acount number :mad:

the box is all set up i just need to get out to the store to get a heat pack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.