This Disappears When Logged In

Can Anyone ID This Plant?

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by Frognut, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I bought this today from the grocery store - it is perfect size for my crested gecko. But I don't know what it is - or how to care for it.

I was planning on leaving it in the pot (after changing the soil to organic) and placing it in her tank. It should give Heebie something to climb and hide in along the top of her tank -- which is currently lacking... SO if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it. I want to make sure it is safe to put in her tank.

dsc_0791.jpg

dsc_0790.jpg

dsc_0789.jpg

The tank just has a daylight bulb in it during the day - would that be enough light? And of course I don't know how much to water it, either. If it won't work in the tank, I'll just put it somewhere around the house and keep my fingers crossed!

In case you haven't figured it out -- I'm plant challenged, too! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. josh112990

josh112990 Well-Known Member

i am almost positive it is a type of dracaena so it would be safe to add to the enclosure. the day light bulb will be enough light for it and as far as watering it goes just don't let the soil dry completely and water it about once a week and it should do just fine i had one in my veiled chameleon enclosure and he loved it. so good luck

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

It does match the description of the Dracaena variety: “Lemon Lime”, and if it is --- it is totally easy to care for and will grow perfectly in the crested gecko's tank!! YEA!!

We'll see what happens! THANKS!