This Disappears When Logged In

Can Anyone Help Me Decide?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by LvL100Metapod, Jul 12, 2014.

1. LvL100Metapod

LvL100Metapod New Member

I have a 2 year old bearded dragon who i rescued from a bad home, they didnt play with him or feed him like they were suppose to. I now want another reptile. I have narrowed it down to 3 reptiles.
    • Frilled dragon
    • Tegu
    • Blue Tongue Skink
    I want a reptile that will be playful but not cost an arm and a leg to house and feed. or if you have any recommendations on types of reptiles, let me know. something exotic would be awesome to have also!

2. lisas

lisas Elite Member

I have a blue tongue skink. They are wonderful animals, especially if you got a captive-bred. With wild-caught Indonesians, complications can arise (not adjusting to captivity for one). The captive-breds are usually Australian, as they cannot export wild reptiles. I do have a wild caught Indonesian, but I bought him as an adult and knew he was well-adjusted. Also, I took him for a vet check (inc. parasite test) when I got him. He is curious, a good eater, and fun to watch ( he loves to explore and climb ). Best of luck.

3. rtucker0302

rtucker0302 Member

I own a juvie pair of Frillies and while they still are not tamed yet, I haven't had a lot of time to work with them. But they let me pet them and seem pretty intelligent. They will be down on the substrate soaking or cooling down and when my wife and I start talking about them they will poke their heads up or come to the glass. It's an interesting reaction to see and they are fun to watch while they are "hunting" food lol.

4. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

Tegus are awesome, they really are. But they eat a LOT and I would think they would be expensive to feed. Also they need a big enclosure. So if you are looking for something cheaper, a tegu might not be what you are looking for.
    If you are willing to spend that money they are awesome pets. I don't have one but was debating on one of those or a savannah, and I learned they eat quite a bit, just like a savannah.
    Hopefully I helped you out alittle :)