This Disappears When Logged In

California Kingsnake Help

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by ILOVESNAKESSSS, Jun 12, 2013.

1. My banana Cal Kingsnake went off feeding about three weeks ago. Im not really worried about it, so my question is : what are some techniques to get him feeding again?. He was eating two F/T rat pinkies weekly, and he is 70 grams. nothing has changed in his habitat and hes not losing weight. When i offered him food he is not interested in it, i even offered him one live anole lizzard and he didnt go for it( he loves those things, and i only give it to him once a month for a treat).

2. **** 35 views and nothing. Thanks people :p

3. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

What are the temps at? Have you tried braining the pinkies?

4. mikoh4792

mikoh4792 Member

Temps in the cage? a picture of your cage would be nice.

5. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

I'm sorry, you posted this a while ago. Two meals a week is a bit much. Kings normally will not turn down food and are excellent eaters. I think he is probably not hungry. Wait about 10 days and try again. Snakes do not have to be fed on the schedule that most keepers feed them at. My snakes will let me know when they are hungry, and I generally feed them between 7 and 15 days. In their natural habitat, your king will be getting meals of other smaller snakes, bird and reptile eggs, small lizards etc- They are opportunistic eaters and will eat whats in front of them when they see it. Basically, you have been power feeding your snake, and he probably just needs the break. Make sure your hotspot temps are set appropriately so he can digest. Best of luck.

6. Thanks alot for the info. He didnt eat for 3 weeks,and after the 3 weeks he went into shed. after he shedded i again offered him some anole lizzards and he took them. I think i really was power feeding him,and thanks to your info i have fixed that. Thank you diehardislanders you were alot of help.