This Disappears When Logged In

Cali King snake needs good home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Ssativa, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

I have a beautiful California King Snake with a very nice personality.
    http://www.reptiforum.com/gallery/data/500/8512King_Snake_003.jpg
    I seem to be the one everyone sends their unwanted herps lately and as much as I love the snake, I have my hands full with my burmese python and all of my other reptiles. He eats one live mouse a week and has no problems feeding. He doesn't come with an enclosure, which is partially why I can't keep him. The ex-owner gave me a loaner for the time being.

If interested, here is some additional info.
    I'm not experienced in shipping herps, but I'm doubtful that I'll find anyone nearby to pick this snake up. I'm willing to try shipping if it is going to be safe for the snake and if you are willing to pay shipping. By the way I'm broke--another reason for letting this sweetheart go--so while I'm not asking a specific amount of money for this snakes adoption, any donation the adopter feels apropriate would be appreciated and it will go towards the care of my other reptiles.

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Do you still have him?

3. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Yes, I still have him. And I am still looking for a good home.

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm willing to take him if your willing to ship him! :D
    I'm in Wisconsin though...

5. GAsnakeman

GAsnakeman Elite Member

I'm in GA if you would prefer someone closer. The cali king I have could use a pal. I couldn't keep them in the same enclosure though.

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I would hope you never have them together GAsnakeman! :eek: LOL

7. GAsnakeman

GAsnakeman Elite Member

:D Yeah, I know. That may be disasterous with kings. May wake up one morning and find one missing. It would make me nervous just putting them together to breed lol.

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I have often wondered how they put kings together to breed! :eek: I would have to watch them every second 'cause I'd be so paranoid they would eat each other!

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

VEEEEEEEEEERY carefullly!!!!!!!! :eek:

10. bruno

bruno New Member

Hi,

I am sorry to desagree but mi Kings live together al live and I only separeted them to let the female lay their eggs quietly...
    they are not as "canibals" as they are in nature for in nature they had to adapt but in captivity they always have food so...

Bruno

11. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

Though you do it successfully Bruno, please educate me on why your willing to risk the life of one of the snakes.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As blunt as Herpboys question is, he has a point.
    Kingsnakes are cannabalistic to other snakes, even their own species. You may have lucked out this far but you are seriously asking for trouble by housing them together.

13. joeking

joeking Elite Member

Hmmm let's not test that theory=P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.