This Disappears When Logged In

Calcium..spray?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by purplemuffin, Jan 23, 2010.

1. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

One of the first things my boyfriend got when he first had Bobby Jack(long before we found this site or knew there was reptile info online) he was told to buy calcium spray instead of the powder! It claims to have no d3, just calcium, and even though we have the powder and stuff now I wonder, is there anything we can do with the spray? I can't find ANY information on using it, so I have no idea what the amounts are in comparison to the usual stuff, it's very odd and frustrating! He doesn't want to get rid of it because he paid for it but I'm just not sure how to use it! I don't know how concentrated or dilluted it is, so I don't know. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or should it continue to sit on the shelf forever lol!

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Which brand exactly is it ?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You have already touched on most of the reasons that we don't recommend it. And being a liquid, most of what you spray is going to run off and into the bottom of the bowl.
    I'd just pitch it.

4. Gibson90kb

Gibson90kb Elite Member

What about spraying feeders with it?

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Same problem, it just runs off.

6. Ace

Ace Elite Member

You can get calcium powder that contains no D3, I would stick with that, this **** is use less IMO.

7. Gibson90kb

Gibson90kb Elite Member

My lizards wont touch dusted crickets :s they dont like them white boys.
    ;)

8. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

This is what I figured! :) I'll do my best to convince the sweet boy that it wouldn't be as much of a waste to throw it out as he thinks!

9. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Wondered about the spray myself, good to hear some reviews. I like the powder, so never tried the spray.

10. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

When in doubt, throw it out!!! I would think that everything has a shelf life, is the an expiration date on it? Tell him to let it go, or may be if you empty the liquid out of the bottle he wouldn't even notice!! Well good luck