This Disappears When Logged In

Calcium Dust Question

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Repilizard, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Repilizard

Repilizard Well-Known Member

I've been using Rep-Cal calcium powder for leo, with vitamin D3 in the powder for my leo, but people say that I need just calcium(no d3) for the calcium bowl in my leos tank, I have a bottle of it, but the label was ripped off(it was my friends, and he forgot what brand) and I have very little, can someone tell me a brand of reptile calcium(no d3, just calcium)to put in the calcium bowl, and where to buy it?

Any help appreciated!

-Repilizard

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Any kind of pure calcium without phosphorous, will do. It doesn't have to be a certain brand.

3. Repilizard

I know, but I don't know where to buy it, and I've looking in Petsmart, and petcetera(no petco near me). And does pure calcium have d3? Or is it a different kind without D3?

-repilizard

4. hillary713

hillary713 Member

hello there! I get my calcium dust from petco, you could look online and have it shipped to your house. I think I use rep-cal or something like that as well, the picture on the front is an anole with its dewlap out. Good luck on your search!

5. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I got my reptical at petco or petsmart, just read the back it will say if it has d3 or phosphorous in it.

6. Repilizard

Sorry to bother again, but does the pure calcium have D3 in it? I am using Rep-Cal calcium powder with vit.D3, is that the appropriate one for the bowl in the tank?
    -Repilizard

7. Merlin

Pure calciium is nothing but calcium.
    If it says it has D3 in it, it has D3 in it.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Bowl in tank = Calcium WITHOUT D3

9. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I had one heck of a time finding calcium without D3. All the big stores around here had the Reptical, but all carried it with D3.

I finally asked at the last herp show, and they scrounged around and found me a container. It wasn't Reptical - he said most people want the D3 so that was all they carried.

You might try a local herp show the next time it comes around - or I'd go with the internet idea.

10. Merlin

You can also go to the vitamin area or a healthfood store and get pure calcium tablets but you will have to grind it up.

11. tommyturtler

tommyturtler New Member

12. MyConnie

MyConnie Active Member

At Petsmart you should always be offered to have your crickets dusted. Go an check out what they use and if you can not find it on the shelf have one of the pet care people show you were it is. It will be by the turtle and reptile food toward the top.
    All the stores have the same basic layout and offer the calcium you are looking for.

Good luck
    Paula