This Disappears When Logged In

Cage Carpet

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by Seandeezy, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

I'm using cage carpet for my AFT's and I was wondering if the carpet is washable?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

You bet. That's the beauty of it. Many people cut it into sections and yank it out as needed and throw it in the wash or sink.

3. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

I can just wash it in the sink...sweet. Do I need to use a special type of soap? or can I just use like a dish washing soap?

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I don't have it, but I'm paranoid. I'd probably go find an organic fabric cleaner at the health food store and rinse a bazillion times.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I use vinegar for day-to-day maintenance, but once a month, they all get soaked overnight in diluted bleach.

6. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

How do you dry your carpet? Do you hang dry? or just swing it around to swat all the water out haha.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I hang it dry - it only takes an hour or so. But I keep spares, so they can hang for days if need be.

8. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

For my ball python, I just ring it out really well and put it back in right away. It helps with the humidity...for about 5 minutes. Under the light it dries REALLY fast.

9. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

I gave that suggestion and you said it would mold way to fast...

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I don't advise it for anything requiring humidity. It's better for creatures that only need a small amount of humidity - it can be done, but mold can be an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.