This Disappears When Logged In

BW Tegu

Discussion in 'Tegu' started by Dallastexas23, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Dallastexas23

Dallastexas23 New Member

Hello,[FBV][/FBV]
    I've had my tegu for a few months now and love reptiles but this is my first time with a tegu and I have a concern about her lip. I'm attaching a picture, where on one side of her mouth her lip appears to protrude sometimes more than other times. I'm concerned that this could be anything from nothing to a swollen lip to mouth rot and I was hoping with a picture I could get a better idea from other experts! Thank you I appreciate it, Dallas

Attached Files:

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I can see the area your talking about in the pic, but I can't really tell anything from the outside. Does the area look strange at all when it opens it's mouth? Might be a good idea to have a vet look it over if there is one experienced with reptiles in your area.

3. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

I agree, worth getting it looked at. Does she eat without any sign of discomfort? If so then probably not mouth rot.

4. Dallastexas23

Dallastexas23 New Member

To both responses, the inside of her mouth appears healthy, the only problem appears to be that the gum line sometimes appears to show more on the outside than the other side of her mouth. Shes never had a great appetite but she eats perfectly fine with no obvious mouth pain.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Probably best to have a vet check it over then. Might be nothing, but theres really nothing we can say for sure about it.

6. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

+1

better safe then sorry

7. 7463649pH

7463649pH Member

Sometimes that happens when there is trauma (forcefully pulling the mouth open or they hurt themselves trying to escape their enclosure). Or it could be the start of MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease). How are you taking care of her? Where did you get her from?